FS: MINT 1950’s Martin Baritone w Tortise binding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
FS: MINT 1960 Martin Baritone w Tortise binding!

Hi Everyone, I am selling my MINT Martin Baritone uke that I had purchased from the original owner (90 years old). After getting a custom Collings 12 fret guitar, I am playing that and no longer the Baritone. There is one small buckle imprint on the back and you cannot see unless you get the light just right (which I did to show it, however you wouldn't notice it otherwise and it did not break any finish..it's very very shallow but there). Finish is amazing, like brand new. Been kept in temp and humidity stable environment always.

It is Mint like it just came off the bench at Martin. I have the original case it came in and just put a new set of strings on it this week. I go back and forth but I never just hang Ukes, they all get played and this one isn’t.

Original tuners and georgeous tortise binding surround this ukes front AND back lower bout. Sounds great, plays great and you won’t find one in this shape anywhere with this old old wood where the grain is so tight and uniform and STUNNING Mahogany.

$1850.00 OBO (free shipping in the U.S.) as this is a true Martin collectors dream! First one to accept gets this gem.

Cheers,
Ukulele Jay

Attachments

• IMG_3461.jpg
    IMG_3461.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3462.jpg
    IMG_3462.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3463.jpg
    IMG_3463.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3464.jpg
    IMG_3464.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3465.jpg
    IMG_3465.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Not sure, must of been 1960 the very first production B51 (just changed title to avoid confusion) but would doubt it was a prototype. He actually ordered it directly from Martin before they ever were available in 1959 and received it new in the chip board case which I have as well. I wish I had a receipt like I have for my minty 1932 Martin 2 Soprano. I may list that one on EBay as well. It is probably one of the only Ukes that has been definitely dated as to the exact year confirmed by Martin with a back imprinted logo and front sticker which they did for only one year. I have a sales receipt from 1936 that was provided by the family that found it under their mothers bed when she passed away . Thinning the herd of my vintage instruments to make room for a new edition to the collection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom