Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mainland Red Cedar Soprano

I want to apologize to aremick and booli and everyone else. It's not my place to point out negative things in someone else's ad. I've felt bad ever since I posted and I'm sorry.

A ukulele is worth what someone will pay for it.
    If life seems jolly rotten,
    There's something you've forgotten,
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing! - Eric Idle

ONE MAN's UKE, IS ANOTHER MANS' TREASURE....��

Quote Originally Posted by Xtradust View Post
    I want to apologize to aremick and booli and everyone else. It's not my place to point out negative things in someone else's ad. I've felt bad ever since I posted and I'm sorry.

Apology accepted! Hope you have a Happy New Year!
    Last edited by aremick; 01-04-2018 at 03:34 AM.

No worries from me now. No hard feelings either. Please carry on as normal.
    This FAQ link will help you learn about:
    - Magic Fluke Company ukes
    - Pickups, Preamps and Impedance Mismatch
    - Home Recording and Mics
    - String Upgrades
    - iPad Microphones
    - Wolfelele Uke Kit
    - How to string a Baritone uke as a piccolo bass
    - Strings I used for GDAE and CGDA fifths tunings

Well done for recognising your error.

As an overlapping point there is a general problem with forums in that any offered well intentioned comment or advice can, for a broad variety of reasons, be badly received. It’s also very difficult to phrase things in a way that avoids any potential issues - I’ve not managed it myself yet, but I’m trying - and sometimes it’s just better to leave a topic or comment alone - I’m not so good at that either. It’s just my opinion, but for what it’s worth folk are well served by being open to and tolerant of views that they don’t agree with. When they are not they then miss opportunities to learn from others and to check the validity of their own beliefs.

I hope that the OP has already sold his instrument, but if not then perhaps the bumps on this thread will help and in time someone will agree a sale with him.
    Last edited by Graham Greenbag; 01-05-2018 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Greenbag View Post
    Well done for recognising your error.

As an overlapping point there is a general problem with forums in that any offered well intentioned comment or advice can, for a broad variety of reasons, be badly received. It’s also very difficult to phrase things in a way that avoids any potential issues - I’ve not managed it myself yet, but I’m trying - and sometimes it’s just better to leave a topic or comment alone - I’m not so good at that either. It’s just my opinion, but for what it’s worth folk are well served by being open to and tolerant of views that they don’t agree with. When they are not they then miss opportunities to learn from others and to check the validity of their own beliefs.

I hope that the OP has already sold his instrument, but if not then perhaps the bumps on this thread will help and in time someone will agree a sale with him.
    Thanks for the comment, Graham!

Hmmm. Maybe I should consider offers...

Why is there a long thread? The gentleman is trying to sell an instrument regardless of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by frianm View Post
    This is the result of several conversations with UU members of considerable standing. Of course one can ask what one wants and then the asking is usually negotiable. Adding cases etc helps, plus maybe free shipping.
    My general rule of thumb is 70% from new retail if not “vintage” and collectible (e.g. old Martins)—and that goes for anything that I sell, too.

I don’t buy ukuleles as an investment...I buy them to play...and I expect to lose money when I sell them, and to save money if I buy them used. I’m working up the nerve to sell some of my instruments to pay towards my recent acquisitions—or to buy other things (Gotoh UPTs).

Best wishes to the OP for the sale...Mainlands are all good ukuleles, and the cedar models are very nice (a concert is on my wishlist).
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

Here's a twin (not mine) in Concert, if anyone is interested...

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...red-cedar-top)

Thread Information