Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Electric Uke Thread

Just discovered this thread! I've been digging me some electric uke for around a year now! Originally had a Risa baby Les Paul. I loved the tone, but found the string spacing at the saddle a bit tight for my taste. Now I have a Monkey Wrench (19" scale) tuned GCEA, and Mann Tenor guitar (21.4" scale) converted to baritone tuning, but tuned up a step to EAC#F#.

IMG_5598.jpg
    IMG_5697.jpg
    IMG_5813.jpg

Just seen this... That Mann is an absolute beaut

Quote Originally Posted by mountain goat View Post
    why not just use the main forum?
    I agree, although this is a thread, more than a Section. I spend time in a photo forum that has 45 different sections! Why???

I have a Vorson FSUK-1 that cost just $110. 01.jpg
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I am thinking about getting an Amplug 2 bass for my risa stick.

‘"Bass’ is modeled on VOX’s classic AC100 bass amp, and expands its potential with a full-range tone that supports today’s bass sounds. A compressor/boost effect provides not just compression but also a thick overdrive sound, giving you the perfect tones for performing in any style. Careful attention has been paid to the sound quality, and a high-quality FET buffer circuit has been used to obtain even greater dynamic range. "

The FET circuitry for the high impedance piezo output and the rhythm section are attractive.

Someone want to try to talk me out of it?
    Last edited by aremick; 02-11-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aremick View Post
    I am thinking about getting an Amplug 2 bass for my risa stick.

‘"Bass’ is modeled on VOX’s classic AC100 bass amp, and expands its potential with a full-range tone that supports today’s bass sounds. A compressor/boost effect provides not just compression but also a thick overdrive sound, giving you the perfect tones for performing in any style. Careful attention has been paid to the sound quality, and a high-quality FET buffer circuit has been used to obtain even greater dynamic range. "

The FET circuitry for the high impedance piezo output and the rhythm section are attractive.

Someone want to try to talk me out of it?
    well the thing with electric ukes is, pretty much every piece of equipment applicable to electric guitar applies.
    so it's nothing substantial nor out of the ordinary

I am thinking about getting an Amplug 2 bass for my risa . . . Someone want to try to talk me out of it?
    I had the same thought and bought a Vox AP2-BS to use with my acoustic-electric ukes. I don’t regret the purchase; it’s a useful practice tool in the right circumstances.
    "Who hears music, feels his solitude Peopled at once -- for how count heart-beats plain / Unless a company, with hearts which beat, / Come close to the musician, seen or no?" - Robert Browning, "Balaustion's Adventure"

many fine electric ukes exhibited here. I had a soprano Risa stick that I regret selling off to be able to afford my brother's electric bass. In two months I will be setting a deadline to buy another electric uke. I have to put it off slightly longer than I thought due to needing to get my young kitty fixed and sending birthday money to my son in Colorado.

Anyways, here is a photo of my pedal collection so far:

IMG_0977.jpg
    Ukulele player since November 2013 and started playing toy piano in July of 2019. Lover of electric ukulele!

IG: @harmonysssmurf
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFt..._as=subscriber
    FB: Kelly Letourneau
    SC: https://soundcloud.com/stargazer-smurf

Bio:
    Interests: Astronomy, magic the gathering, ukulele, toy piano, clarinet and my kitties!

Quote Originally Posted by bacchettadavid View Post
    I had the same thought and bought a Vox AP2-BS to use with my acoustic-electric ukes. I don’t regret the purchase; it’s a useful practice tool in the right circumstances.
    Is there much noise with it? My AC30 (original version) was somewhat noisy...

And not too bass-heavy?
    Last edited by aremick; 02-12-2020 at 04:01 AM.

I had. Vorzon LP which buzzed like crazy. It now resides in a landfill.
    I had a tenor Risa LP which I sold (wish that I hadn’t).
    Currently own a Ko’olau CE-1 strung with Worth Clear and Thomas strings. I rarely play it as I usually play acoustic locations. It’s handy for traveling and quiet practicing.
    Last edited by Cornfield; 02-12-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Is there much noise with it? My AC30 (original version) was somewhat noisy...

And not too bass-heavy?
    It can be noisy on certain settings...but if you’re using headphones, you probably aren’t going to crank it too high. The bass response is fine; It seems voiced for headphones or earphones that provide some bass boost and can be a sound trebly through more transparent cans.

As long as you use passive pickups, it does what it does well enough and is a great way to practice your plugged-in technique.
    "Who hears music, feels his solitude Peopled at once -- for how count heart-beats plain / Unless a company, with hearts which beat, / Come close to the musician, seen or no?" - Robert Browning, "Balaustion's Adventure"

Thread Information