Enya deal alert! Amazon

We just got our two, good quality for sure.
Also, the string height on all of our many Enya''s was perfect.

For the price the quality is insanely good. The gig bag alone is worth the price.

For $20 I'll appease my curiosity, though for the record I'm am equal parts baffled and annoyed at their use of "enya" branding. I guess names are fair game, but logo designs are not: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enya#Musical_style

Yeah does look pretty close to Enya's logotype.

This company also has a website and a contact section;

http://www.enyamusical.com/lxwmFG/index_66.html

I sent them a few emails and I never received a reply from them, not exactly a good company when it comes to communication...

Only beefs with mine so far are: 1) the strap pin placement at the heel, it's not really on the heel, but instead too far up near the fingerboard. 2) string slots are just thru-holes drilled into the bridge. To change strings, you need to fish the old strings down thru the bridge holes, then remove them out through the sound hole, since they have brass barrels on the end, like an acoustic guitar string. You'll need to reuse those barrels, or something similar to anchor the new strings underneath the bridge. A cost cutting measure, I'm sure.

A suggestion for restringing: put all the new strings down through the bridge holes and attach the ball ends first, before attaching at headstock. Reason being, each string you fully install gives you less room to reach into the sound hole to grab the next string attach and the ball end (as I found out after fully installing the G string). And yes, Martin M600's do indeed sound much better than the stock strings.

20171127_113003.jpg
20171127_112923.jpg

Last edited:
I have finally restrung this with D'Addario clear nylon - I like the clarity of the strings, and besides I had a spare set. Since this ukulele is going to a friend in Peru for Christmas it gives me time to let the strings settle in. HOWEVER - with the new strings there is a great improvement over the stock ones included. There was another set included with the Enya name on them and they look like white fluorocarbons, I shall leave these for the new owner to keep as spares. When restringing I did not use the little brass bits but simply tied the double knots as if it were a slotted bridge. I found fishing out the ends was easy and I set all four strings in the bridge before tuning up.

This is clearly a laminate and was such sounds extremely good, the action is near perfect and the intonation is really good. When restringing I see that the bridge under the saddle is ready to receive an under saddle pickup. I like the depth of the body. My last concert had a much thinner body and had less resonance. Since the online Amazon price has over doubled it is no longer the bargain it was for we who jumped on it. Still, when you compare to other online prices for beginner instruments it is still great value, especially when counting the goodies that are bundled with this one.

my 0.02 cents

Any thoughts on the KUS25D for $66.23 before the 20% off?

The other soparano everyone seems to be referring to is sold out.

https://www.amazon.com/KUT25D-Mahog...310698011&ie=UTF8&qid=1512527766&sr=8-11&th=1

I have the concert version. The $20 laminated concert was a great deal. I would pass on $66 for the solid soprano. The solid concert I have is pretty good. It is quirky. $66 is a lot for an off-brand Chinese instrument. Yeah it is solid but nothing stands out as great. I got my concert for free to review. It impressed me but I still recommend kala and ohana to my students. On an entry level instrument I don’t see any meaningful value in solid as compared to laminated.

I have the concert version. The $20 laminated concert was a great deal. I would pass on $66 for the solid soprano. The solid concert I have is pretty good. It is quirky. $66 is a lot for an off-brand Chinese instrument. Yeah it is solid but nothing stands out as great. I got my concert for free to review. It impressed me but I still recommend kala and ohana to my students. On an entry level instrument I don’t see any meaningful value in solid as compared to laminated.
I'd rather have an all laminate simply because they require less care and worry.
I think that price wise they are a good deal at retail.
The Donner laminates have a wider neck which I prefer, at a similar price.
My wife who is often on the computer has been seeing Amazon Lighting Deals with some regularity.
Something like 20% off for less than an hour at a time and only 15 minutes to close the deal once it is in the cart.

Enya is Chinese, but I'm not sure how off-brand it is. I have an HPL tenor and baritone from them, both of which are very high quality. They're each over $100, but I think they're definitely worth the price. That being said, I did get the tenor free due to a shipping mistake on their part, so their customer service left a very good impression, but the instruments themselves are quite nicely made and designed as well. They're certainly much better than other ukes like the Waterman or Bugsgear that are made to get wet.

In fact, I would dare say it might be time to take the "Chinese off-brand" stigma away from a couple of the more common brands on eBay and elsewhere. The Kmise, Donner, and Enya ukes I've played stack up well against similarly-priced Makalas, Kalas, etc. Obviously, above $100 or so you have a lot more options, but for the lower end those brands seem well worth the money.

Top Bottom