Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Starter U Bass?

Thumbs up I Agree with UkerDanno.

Quote Originally Posted by UkerDanno View Post
    I've had and seen bad experiences with the lower priced Ubasses, i know some people swear by them and have had good luck, but I think the Kala is the most consistent quality. Look for an older used one on ebay or reverb. I have a 2012 vintage Kala Exotic mahogany without the preamp, it's the best Ubass among my friends and there's 4-5 others.
    Thereís no doubt that Kala makes a good product, and I feel that they give extra attention to the U-Bass as the bass is Mike Uptonís (president/owner) primary instrument. That said, the cheapest entry point to a Kala is the $229 Wandererónot a bad deal, but still over $200. Iím okay with taking a chance on the $81 deal from Sam Ash, particularly as this wonít be my primary instrument!
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

Kind of my thought as well. I play in a trop rock band so it'll get played live if we end up doing acoustic shows, but I figured it would be a good introduction to see how I feel about it. Other than the buzzing, it seemed like a nice little uke. If I really like it and think I'll use it quite a bit, I'll likely pick up a Wanderer.

Thread Information