Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival

I'm going to wear either a UU or a Ukulele Kids Club t-shirt with my open shirt, and really big straw hat. I'll be playing bass uke with The CC Strummers from 3-4:45.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Does anyone have the link to the schedule? Got to plan the day to do something other than eating and listening all day.

http://www.kalakoa.com/ukulele/schedule.html

I've been struggling with a bad knee lately. My previously good knee has decided to revolt in protest. I got some fluid drawn off of it today & a steroid injection which I'm praying will make it feel better. Walking at work has been torture the past few days. I'm determined not to miss this festival, come hell or high water. I may be fighting cyber3d for that wheelchair.....maybe we can take turns riding & pushing
    My ukulele family.....
    Islander Acacia laminate soprano
    KoAloha concert - circa 2006
    Loprinzi cedar & rosewood concert
    Gary Gill concert scale tenor, Douglas Fir & Mahogany
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood

Thanks for the link. Take care.

I just found out that I can bring my mobility scooter on my Delta Airlines flight. Their customer service rep. was super helpful in getting me set up to take it along. Now I just have to figure out Uber to & from LAX with the scooter. I'm hopeful that the festival venue is ADA accessible. Being a civic center I'm sure it will be.
    My ukulele family.....

Quote Originally Posted by RafterGirl View Post
    I just found out that I can bring my mobility scooter on my Delta Airlines flight. Their customer service rep. was super helpful in getting me set up to take it along. Now I just have to figure out Uber to & from LAX with the scooter. I'm hopeful that the festival venue is ADA accessible. Being a civic center I'm sure it will be.
    If I remember right, the venue is accessible, everything is on one level and no steps. I'm going to bring my super compact folding stand up mobility scooter.

Hey RafterGirl UberWav apparently allows you to book Uber drivers with wheelchair access. Do a web search for UberWav. I used my wheelchair last year and had good access to all the events. You just have to get into some of the events a bit early as it can get crowded.
    My pride and joy is a Solid Mahogany Tiny Tenor from Pepe Romero/Daniel Ho. I named it "Lumière"
    I also have a Kala Soprano KA-ASOV-S Spruce and Ovangkol which I named "Blood, Sweat, & Tears"
    And another soprano by Kanilea. The Islander AS-4 Acacia that I call "Little Bear"
    KLOS Carbon Fiber Tenor Deluxe Acoustic/Electric Ukulele - no name yet

Quote Originally Posted by cyber3d View Post
    Hey RafterGirl UberWav apparently allows you to book Uber drivers with wheelchair access. Do a web search for UberWav. I used my wheelchair last year and had good access to all the events. You just have to get into some of the events a bit early as it can get crowded.
    Thanks for the info. Looks like Uber has a couple options. Uber Wav if you need a wheelchair ramp & Uber Assist if you have a portable wheelchair or scooter. I think Uber Assist will cover my needs. My little scooter disassembles in less than 5 minutes & will fit in most trunks or SUVs. I'm glad the venue is wheelchair friendly. I was so bummed when I hurt my knee a few weeks ago & had to miss a trip that I had planned. It seemed to be improving, but took a turn for the worse this week. The thought of missing the festival was really making me sad.
    My ukulele family.....

Hi everyone - the venue is definitely wheelchair friendly.

Doors open 8:30am this Saturday! FYI's:
    - The complete schedule is posted here:http://www.kalakoa.com/ukulele/schedule.html
    - All workshop info here: http://www.kalakoa.com/ukulele/artists.html
    - Printed materials for all workshops will be available for $1
    - Bring your printed E-ticket and photo ID to the front ticket/will-call booth
    - Your pre-ordered festival t-shirts will be waiting for you at the Made For Uke booth in the Entry Plaza
    - All pre-ordered Ohana ukuleles will be available at the Ohana booth; if you haven't got yours yet, don't forget that a brand new SK-10 and PK-10 is included in the $119 price that includes admission into the festival and a gig bag, too!
    - Rutt's Cafe will be serving breakfast inside the Torino Plaza as soon as doors open

More food choices this year.
    Rutt's Cafe: Hawaiian food including laulau, bbq chicken and kale pork bowls, spam musubi, boneless beef short ribs; LALA Catering: sandwiches, salads, pancit; Tasty Block: shave ice, Dole Whip; food trucks Brewwings and Serendoggity will be in the front driveway 11am-3pm.

Prize drawing: 9:30am, 12:00pm, 3:45pm
    Tickets $5 each, 6 for $20, Ken Miller lobby

Can't believe it's only 6 days away!

Thread Information