Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival

I wrecked my knee a few days ago and I'm hobbling around badly. My plan was to spend the entire day along with performing with The CC Strummers at 3 pm, but I might only be able to do the performance. I'm seeing the orthopedist Tuesday, maybe get a cortisone shot or something. I especially don't want to miss Rutts.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 9 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Sorry about your knee. Sounds like you & I don't have good timing for messing up our knees, but we are going to make the best of it. A day of ukulele will make us feel better.....emotionally, if not physically. Sorry to say, my cortisone injection last week didn't help much. Fingers crossed that I can make it from Salt Lake City to LA & back without too much trouble.
    My ukulele family.....
    Islander Acacia laminate soprano
    KoAloha concert - circa 2006
    Gary Gill concert scale tenor, Douglas Fir & Mahogany
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood

Thanks, I feel for you too RG.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 9 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org

We had a great time at the KTLA morning show today, thank you to li'l Lotus Cole, Ohana Ukuleles, Opal Instruments Brothers Ukes. BONUS: got to meet Mackenzie Phillips backstage in the green room! Here's the link to the segment in case you missed it: https://ktla.com/2018/09/19/los-ange...le-festival-2/

Yeah! how cool. I just watched the video from KTLA channel 5 very nice Mitch! it's going to be crowded at the festival!
    My pride and joy is a Solid Mahogany Tiny Tenor from Pepe Romero/Daniel Ho. I named it "Lumière"
    I also have a Kala Soprano KA-ASOV-S Spruce and Ovangkol which I named "Blood, Sweat, & Tears"
    And another soprano by Kanilea. The Islander AS-4 Acacia that I call "Little Bear"
    KLOS Carbon Fiber Tenor Deluxe Acoustic/Electric Ukulele - no name yet

I think I'm going to have to print a lot more lead sheets for our CC Strummers play-long.

Good video, that was a great segment Mitch. Made me want to go and I’m already going. Oh course I also wanted to strum every uke on that display table.

The pre festival get together is tonight.
    Anyone else going?
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

What a day yesterday! The 4th annual Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival is now officially on the books.

Words cannot express how grateful I am to all the friends, helpers, volunteers, vendors, instructors, performers, former students, attendees, participants for all the positive energy and enthusiasm that sustained the day and made all the visitors feel welcomed.

Believe me, I have already made copious notes on how to improve things for next year. Some ideas have taken 4 years to materialize, others are just things I wanted to try this year but may not have worked out quite as I'd hoped so they may need to be tweaked or 86'd altogether.

Thanks again and see you next year!

Kudos to you Mitch and all the wonderful performers you gathered together! What a wonderful day! Taimane was over the top GREAT!!!! So much talent and she really seems to be enjoying herself. Her drummer was spectacular!!!
    Looking forward to next year ! The LA Uke fest just gets better and better!
    Thanks!!
    ( o)---::

Thread Information