WTB: Pono Tenor (open to others) under $400

thaidye39

Reaction score
Hi there--

I'm looking to purchase a tenor ukulele for fingerstyle playing.

Preferably a Pono Mango or Mahogany.

I'm very open to other makes/models, but trying to keep it under $400 shipped.

**Sorry about the double post. I had an error in the title.**

Thanks, Keith. Those have been in my vision for a bit. I just don’t love Aquila strings and that seems to be what they’re reviewed with (HMS, mim, uke republic) because that’s what comes on them stock. But definitely a uke of interest for me.

Last edited:
There is a used koa Pono tenor on Reverb for $500. You might make an offer...

Thanks, Keith. Those have been in my vision for a bit. I just don’t love Aquila strings and that seems to be what they’re reviewed with (HMS, mim, uke republic) because that’s what comes on them stock. But definitely a uke of interest for me.

As you may already know, strings can be swapped out for as little as $5, so please do not let the strings it comes with or shown in demos deter you from considering any instrument.

Part of the process of adjusting to any new instrument for MANY of us, is to find the set of strings that satisfies each of our individual needs, while other folks just accept what is given to them without ever asking questions regarding the potential for a different and/or better experience.

There are over 2 dozen different sets of packaged strings in each scale length that are globally available that anyone can try just by looking and/or asking on UU, so please dont be shy about it. :)

Thanks, Keith. ....

Ukes get reviewed with the strings that the manufacturers supply them with, or else it is made very clear that the strings have been changed.

Nearly all of my ukes are fitted with Living Water Low G concert strings, (tenor scale & concert scale), I like their feel & tone.
(The only ukes I kept with Aquila were a couple of laminate that I'd strum occasionally.)

Just a little bump -- still in the market -- mahogany, mango, cedar (doesn't have to be Pono) -- under $400

I've got a barely used PONO ATD - GLOSS ACACIA TENOR if you're interested.(set up by HMS)
Let me know and I'll post more details and pics.
thx,
Fred

Hi thaidye39,

I have a nice Pono MTD solid mahogany deluxe tenor that I think you would like. It is in pristine condition, no cracks, dings or blemishes. Never in smoking environment and always humidified. Originally purchased from and set up by HMS. The gloss mahogany has some beautiful chatoyance to it. It comes with a Ukecrazy hard foam case. I would like $300 plus whatever shipping costs according to how you would want it shipped. If you are interested I can send you pictures and additional information.

Sent you a personal message on this site. May have exactly what you're looking for, taken out of the shipping carton only today. Discovered hand injuries mean I can only handle sopranos now.

PMs replied. Really looking to stay under $400, folks! Thanks for the offers.

Still looking.

Oh, no! I had a member PM me (a few months ago) about a Pono AT -- I accidentally deleted the message and would like to get in contact. If you're reading this (I hope you are!) please PM me!

Top Bottom