Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawaii, Here I Come!!

Default Hawaii, Here I Come!!

I just booked a flight to Hawaii! I haven't visited in four years and I can't wait to see my best friend and have her daughter call me "Auntie". She's on Oahu and we'll probably make an inter-island trip to Kauai. Yay! I plan on playing as many ukuleles as possible. (And more than likely, my UAS will kick in and I'll buy another. Thus far, I have Kamaka, Pohaku, Martin, and a Flea [all concerts]...what else do I "need"?!

Does MGM have an actual store?

Also, does anyone want to jam? I haven't played with another ukulist...well, EVER. Living in Louisiana kind of secludes me. Everything I've learned has been self-taught and thanks to UU staff + Aldrine. I'll be on Oahu Aug 5 - 21 and making a few days trip to Kauai somewhere in there. Let me know if you're up for it!!

Other things I'm looking forward to: L&L Chicken Katsu, Ono on Kapahulu, shave ice, papayas, and longboarding!!!!!!

How many things, how many strings does it take to make up a life? Four, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by FANaddic(t) View Post
    I just booked a flight to Hawaii! I haven't visited in four years and I can't wait to see my best friend and have her daughter call me "Auntie". She's on Oahu and we'll probably make an inter-island trip to Kauai. Yay! I plan on playing as many ukuleles as possible. (And more than likely, my UAS will kick in and I'll buy another. Thus far, I have Kamaka, Pohaku, Martin, and a Flea [all concerts]...what else do I "need"?!

Also, does anyone want to jam? I haven't played with another ukulist...well, EVER. Living in Louisiana kind of secludes me. Everything I've learned has been self-taught and thanks to UU staff + Aldrine. I'll be on Oahu Aug 5 - 21 and making a few days trip to Kauai somewhere in there. Let me know if you're up for it!!

Other things I'm looking forward to: L&L Chicken Katsu, Ono on Kapahulu, shave ice, papayas, and longboarding!!!!!!

Be SURE to do a Koaloha Factory TOUR!! check out my video on my youtube page.. youtube.com/dominicfoundthemoon and the Koaloha website.. they will show you around.. play a song or two for you.. it is a small shop.. but just made amazing by the family of people.. one of the best things about my trip to hawaii.. and it was FREE!! GREAT PEOPLE! a MUST DO!

and when you go looking for the factory.. don't get lost.. its kind of hidden back in this industrial looking cove.. with a small door..

go go go!

Quote Originally Posted by FANaddic(t) View Post
    Not as of late last year...I called him when I was in Kaneohe between Christmas and New Year and he said he only did business over the internet.

Oh, and make sure you check out Shimazu in Honolulu (not far from the airport) for shave ice!
    Last edited by cpatch; 05-05-2009 at 05:30 AM.
    “Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” -Berthold Auerbach

Kanile`a Custom T Walnut Tenor "Luana"
    DeVine Maple Concert "Momi"
    Flea Custom Sinker Redwood Concert "Nahele"
    Kanile`a Custom Koa Concert "Joy" (just visiting)

Hey! Aloha to you...I leave for Hawaii tomorrow. I'm so excited. I'm going to tour the Kanile'a factory in Oahu, and I already mapped out the stores I can't wait to hit (Aloha Ukulele, Bob's Ukulele, Easy's Music Center, Island Guitars and Ukulele Puapua on Oahu, and Larry's and Scotty's in Kauai).

I wish I could succumb to UAS but I think I'll have to stick to SAS (string acquisition syndrome) while I'm there.

What do you need? How about a tenor while you are there?

I think I read Musicguymic will set up an appointment with you out by him in Kaneohe, but he doesn't have a retail store.

Have a great time!
    Moore Bettah Kauai Dreams undersea inlay tenor "Hui Nani"
    Moore Bettah slothead offset soundhole tenor "Kula Leo"
    KoAloha KTMS-00 "Lokomaika'i"

Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele: The story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story e-book edition

imma be in hawaii next month hopefully june 9th-23rd. come early and we can jam

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Miu View Post
    imma be in hawaii next month hopefully june 9th-23rd. come early and we can jam
    i am so freaking upset.. i had the chance to live in hawaii.. my GF job there offered her an extension.. but i had to come back to missouri to finish my teaching contract.. had that not happened.. i would be in hawaii right now!! we want to go back.. but chances are slim to none that she will get offered another travel nurse job in hawaii..

so calie it looks like it might be.. still wont know for a bit..

Whenever I have a crappy day at work I come home and tell my wife that I'm going to quit my job and move us to Hawaii... and that's three out of five days, usually

She promised me that we'd go ASAP, probably next summer (with the actual wedding ceremony in August and my gainful employment not so gainful since my contract is up after this year, this summer's only trip will be our honeymoon to Nantucket).

I'm going to try to save up my UAS money to get a nice uke from an actual uke shop when I go... and enjoy being able to say "ookoolaylee" instead of "youkoolaylee" and not have to repeat myself and explain why I said it funny.

Gotta love the Bible Belt.

That was totally unrelated.... but oh well. I'm still trying to graduate from PW Padawan to PW whatever comes after padawan...
    YouTube! Soundclick!
    HEY MIM -> D I C K L E S !
    - John Eller is the Man -
    PM me if I know you and we aren't Facebook friends!

To the OP -- have a great time in Hawaii. Terrific place and I also would love to live there.

Question: How will you be able to go to all those ukulele places and not get UAS?

Lucky You! I wanna go to Hawaii so badly ;-)
    But.. :P In 1.5 years approx I am considering applying for a school there so who knows ;-)
    Demons run when a good man goes to war. Night will fall and drown the sun when a good man goes to war. Friendship dies and true love lies. Night will fall and the dark will rise when a good man goes to war. Demons run but count the cost; the battle's won but the child is lost.

YouTube
    Twitter Follow?

I have a warehouse and private showroom by appointment only...located close to Windward Mall.....We are generally to busy to have regular store hours....call for appoinments

Thread Information