FS: Famous (Kiwaya) FLS-1G long neck soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafterGirl

Reaction score
This is a "catch & release" sale. I purchased this ukulele brand new, and received it direct from Japan one week ago. It's a lovely uke with a wonderful resonant sound. I'm just not crazy about the D-shaped neck. I would have returned it via Amazon, but I initially liked it a lot and added strap buttons and changed the strings.

This is a Famous Brand (Kiwaya) FLS-1G long neck soprano. Soprano body/concert scale. Solid mahogany top, laminate back and sides. Now has Living Waters strings. As new, except for one cosmetic defect.....I had straps buttons put on at my local acoustic guitar & uke shop and they put the button in a bad spot on the heel of the neck. I had them move it and fill in the hole with epoxy (see pictures).

I paid $370. Selling for $260, shipped. CONUS only. Paypal accepted. No case. Please PM me with questions or interest in buying.

Here is a link to a sound sample from Kiwaya https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_TA2enjP88&index=3&list=PLnuaDdyZoUDRsPQuJwnU7jKTdxqVNidfJ

Attachments

• DSCF1530.jpg
    DSCF1530.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF1529.jpg
    DSCF1529.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF1511.jpg
    DSCF1511.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF1515.jpg
    DSCF1515.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF1532.jpg
    DSCF1532.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Here are a few more pictures. Inside label, neck profile, strap buttons.

Attachments

• DSCF1533.jpg
    DSCF1533.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF1538.jpg
    DSCF1538.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF1539.jpg
    DSCF1539.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF1541.jpg
    DSCF1541.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 41
Can you show some picture for the epoxy?

Oh I just find the picture , thx

The epoxy is cosmetic, and doesn’t affect playability. With a strap on the uke, the defect is mostly covered. This is otherwise a brand new uke that I’ve had for a little over a week.

As a fellow Famous owner who feels the same about the neck, I'll add my two-cents'-worth about this uke. The build quality and tone are, IMO, way better than most laminates. Although with small hands I find the neck a bit chunky, my friends who usually play tenor and have played my Famous have noted that they think the Famous "D-shaped" neck makes playing soprano easier than a more typical slimmer neck. So for those who find sopranos too cramped or who have larger hands, this might be a great fit!

Thanks janeray1940. I wish the neck was a better fit for me, because the uke is otherwise very nice.

Famous/Kiwaya gets high praise for their quality, and their laminates in particular . This ukulele has a solid mahogany top with laminate back & sides.

I had a FS-1 and it was nice. Quasi-tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom