FS - Martin Tenor - Vintage Ukulele "Time Capsule" (c.1968-70)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotStrings?

Reaction score
SOLD - Martin Tenor - Vintage Ukulele "Time Capsule" (c.1968-70)

I stumbled onto this one completely by chance - and it took me a while to figure out just what I have. I first thought it was one of the new re-issue Martins in an old style case - but nothing quite matched up. Then I found the original hangtags and period strings in the case pocket and "Wow"! With a few inquiries to Martin Customer Service, we pinned it down to between 1968-1970.

This is the real "Iz" - the same Martin Tenor just as Israel Kamakawiwo'ole would have found brand new at Bergstrom Music Company in Honolulu in 1969 - in all original like new condition!

A rare find - a Martin 1-T Tenor ukulele that is almost NOS rather than used. It is complete with original Martin "Bulls Head" #414 hard case, hangtags and case key (still in the little manila envelope)! Beautiful dark figured mahogany top, back and sides, mahogany neck with 14 frets clear to body, Brazilian rosewood fingerboard and bridge, Waverly hex-nut pegs with black buttons, 1 5/16ths ebony nut, gold C.F. Martin logo on headstock, Martin stamp with "Made in USA" inside body. Condition is "Near Mint" with no scratches, mars or dings in finish. Frets are perfect, fingerboard is perfect, bridge and saddle are clean and untouched, and the case doesn't have a mark on it. I think someone played this a few times, and put it back in the closet for the next 48 years!

It is so gorgeous that I would love to keep this myself, but my priority right now is to help my daughter pay down her student loans so she can go on to grad school. And though I love Martin ukes, I don't play well enough to warrant this one - and I'm in no position to be a collector!

I'm asking (Sold) including shipping within continental US. PayPal accepted.

Last edited:
I'm interested. PM sent.

-Steve

Wow, what a beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom