2018 Minneapolis WOW (Winter Oo-koo-lay-lay Weekend) March 3, 2018

Ukemic

Reaction score
An indoor get together for all ukulele players (or want-to-be players) at the Crown Plaza Minneapolis West - Featuring workshops, jam, ukulele beginner lesson with loaner ukuleles, if needed - Food, and Lodging - All skill levels - Held with the 3 day Winter Weekend Bluegrass and Old-Time Music Festival (http://www.minnesotabluegrass.org/winter-bluegrass-weekend.html) - 2 music events for the price of one!

2018 “WOW” - Winter Oo-koo-lay-lay Weekend
Where: Crown Plaza Minneapolis West in Plymouth, Minnesota
Date: Saturday, March 3, 2018
Featuring: Ukester Brown, Mike Cramer and Chris Russell workshops, beginner lesson and “Yellow Book” led jam
Email: TwinCitiesUkeClub@icloud.com

This sounds like a hoot. Wonder is Sukie is going?

This sounds like a hoot. Wonder is Sukie is going?
Nope. I still am recuperating from my thumb surgery. I can't really even hold my ukulele.

Just a bump to remind anyone in the Twin Cities area about our Uke fest this Saturday.

Sorry,

I didn't know that was a thing. So they could take a bone out of my wrist and make my arthritis go away? Don't forget the uke fest people. It isn't all about me.

Sorry,

I didn't know that was a thing. So they could take a bone out of my wrist and make my arthritis go away? Don't forget the uke fest people. It isn't all about me.

I hope everybody going has a great time.

Had a good time! Good sessions, lots of people. Lots going on at the venue! Thanks to MBOT and TwinCites Ukes'!

Only so much time in a day and so much space. Beginner, intermediate, and advanced jams would be something to look at. Maybe 30 to 45 minute sessions. With new songs for a beginner it takes a while for the fingers to find their places. With jam sessions in mind and using the yellow book a posting of song that might be played would help some practice before hand.

Top Bottom