Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Youkulele

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well heck, I’ve had a reeeeally good time with it, and it didn’t cost me or anyone else anything. I hope it continues. :eek:ld:

LOL , moderator please close this thread, seems people are getting offended by my thread which was not my intent, no i was not trolling, No I have no grudge against any builders or sellers. i love that they build ukuleles worldwide and please continue building. i even love it that they call it a youkulele.

I think you have to be from Hawaii to understand. ukulele is a Hawaiian word and pronounce only one way, i don't care if you call it youkulele or small guiter. that's your own choice. but me having great respect for the instrument find it AMUSING that famous builders or sellers, don't know the real name of the instrument. now I'm really certain even so called UU members here don't even know how to say it after reading this thread. which is totally fine :)

hell i worked at ukulele shop for over 15 years, and every customer say youkuleile, which is perfectly fine. i get a giggle everytime a tourist says it. no negative at all.

much love to the people who know how to say it, and also love for the noobs that don't.

sorry i think i have a weird sense of humor and love the yukuleile too much. :)

after reading this thread, I'm now curious on how many members actually know the real way to say ukulele?

dude i think you missed the mark ,way way off. i don't get joy from others pain or misery, (not sure how you even got that). i just get a giggle when i hear an ukulele being called a youkulele by professionals. its a non theatning giggle ,like if i saw jake Shimabukuro calling his ukulele a youkulele. harmless humor. you just took it to a weird level. i think you might need to look into your own self ,

Deriving joy from witnessing the ignorance, pain or misery of others is not a welcome trait by polite people.

You might want to look into losing this appreciation for such ridicule.

wow another member who took this way more serious then it should be.:)
You know, you sound like you have a bone to pick with someone about more that just a pronunciation.

As a school teacher, should I find it cute/hilarious that you seem to be picking on someone else for their pronunciation of a word, and yet you have started all of your sentences without capital letters, used the word "don't" when it should be "doesn't" and misspelled the word "honestly" and "hilarious"? There are a couple of other errors, but I don't want to be picky . . .

Sorry, but something doesn't add up if we are trying to make sure everyone does everything correctly.

not sure what the joke is? and how am i attacking a builder for calling a Ukulele a Youkulele? is that really an attack? you must be crazy or real sensitive. sorry if i offended you somehow.

I've read this whole thread through twice now and best I can tell the OP is just engaging in poor quality trolling. It's at someone's expense, make no mistake, but none of us are in on the "joke". I'm proud of UU for not even asking who this is about. Doesn't matter. "Another builder" who doesn't pronounce ukulele the "right" way? It comes off as a very thinly veiled attack on a "fellow" builder for the smallest and pettiest of imagined infractions.

I appreciate the high road taken by this community.

It's taken all my strength to resist pointing out the numerous spelling errors in the OPs posts. Hmm, guess I failed. Glass houses, OP.... LOL

moderator ,please close this thread, people literaly took this the wrong way, i apologize if you thought i targeted someone or thought i was hurting someone who calls it a youkuleili.

after reading this thread, I'm now curious on how many members actually know the real way to say ukulele?

Nearly everybody on this forum knows how the Hawaiians say it. It's just that we don't speak Hawaiian and we aren't pretentious turds. In English there is more than one acceptable pronunciation, and the less Hawaiian one is far more commonly used.

If you have something to say to your fellow Hawaiian builders, please feel free to tell them. The rest of us non-Hawaiians just find it tiresome.

moderator ,please close this thread, people literaly took this the wrong way, i apologize if you thought i targeted someone or thought i was hurting someone who calls it a youkuleili.

A couple of things:

If you want a mod to close a thread then send a message or a report. We don't spend our whole lives monitoring every single thread so we don't necessarily see appeals made in posts. If every thread were like this one then monitoring them all would soon have us gnawing through the straps.

Trolling may not have been the intent here, but the opening post and some subsequent ones certainly seemed trollish and patronising.

More than happy to retire this tired thread. Have a good day/evening all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom