Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most favorite ukulele you ever owned?

Default What was the most favorite ukulele you ever owned?

With the year coming to an end, I thought it was a good time to look back, and I came up wondering: out of all the ukes you've owned and played over the years, which one was your absolute favorite, and why? Do you still have it, or regret having it sold somewhere along the line? If you have to Name just one, which one would it be?

Mine is my modified "Ziggy" baritone from Jay Lichty. It has such a deep, rich tone, it blows any other instrument out of the water, including all the big guitars I have come across. It's also the most easy one to play. It has low action, a slightly wider fretboard, and a 9" radius that makes it really comfortable.
    Enjoying instruments by - Beau Hannam - Jay Lichty - Jerry Hoffmann - Luis Feu de Mesquita - Kala - Kamaka - Kanile'a - KoAloha - Ko'olau - Moore Bettah - Pono - Romero Creations - and others

Rainer, what a great idea for a thread. You "Ziggy" sounds (pun intended) like something really special.

My all time favorite is my LfdM baritone, bearclaw spruce and bocote. I was lucky to work with Luis in designing the headstock and picking out the woods and details. It plays effortlessly and has a tone I never get tried of and I love to jjst look at it. I don't play it as much as my tenors but when I do I am always in awe of the sound it produces.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

All time favourite of my two years of uke playing would have to be my Kala KA-SLNG - I spent most of my time learning on that uke.

Got lots of better ukes now, but still have an affection towards the little fella, it was my fourth purchase, others of that period have been given away, but this one will stay with me.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Going on 7 years with my Kamaka HP-1 soprano pineapple. Nothing fancy, but I'm never letting that one go.

My Webber baritone seems to be the one at present.

Kinnard Super Tenor for me
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

The most favorite is definitely the Hoffmann ML Concert. The LoPrinzi Nova Concert and the KoAloha long neck Soprano are close second/ third.
    Tenor: Kinnard, Mya Moe 2052, Mya Moe Resonator 1581
    Concert: Hoffmann ML, Oceana Slothead Cutaway, LoPrinzi Nova MS-C, Kanile'a KPA C, Kiwaya KMC-K, Pono RC-C-PC, KoAloha Mango, Waterman KA CWB
    Soprano: Lanikai LU-21(Starter uke!), Kamaka Pineapple 100th Anniversary, Maui Music SK-41 "Pre-Fire", Romero Creations XS, Ohana SK 50G, Zimnicki #20, Makayla Dolphin Light Blue Burst, Fred Shields Oval, KoAloha KSM-02 (Long Neck), Barron River
    Mini: iUke Piccolo, Fred Shields Pocket

Mine used to be my very versatile aNuenue Papa CE.
    Then I fell in love with my o so sweet Ohana Sk-28 Nunes style Soprano.
    But after finding a Ken Timms 17 fret Style 0 this summer I simply cannot imagine ever finding a better sounding ukulele.
    If your uke is too loud, your neighbours are wrong.

Magic Fluke m11 concert is still my favorite so far.
    We did get a very sweet sounding Favilla soprano not long ago, but I can't get it way from the Mrs.
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

Asking to pick one is akin to, “Which of your children do you love the most?” I cannot pick just one. Sorry to be a party pooper!
    Last edited by Ukulele Eddie; 12-17-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Thread Information