News piece on the Fluke story. Pretty cool.

cyber3d

Reaction score
In my experience, that reply you get from them comes pretty quickly too. I don't currently own any of their instruments, but their customer service is exceptional. My first ukulele was a Fluke, and it was in their early days of making them.

This little section of the article was particularly interesting to me:

"Whatever the reason, ukuleles are no fluke. Sales have rivaled those of guitars in recent years, forcing Dale and Phyllis - now the largest shippers of ukuleles in the United States"

As best I can tell from some quick search of data that first part is actually true based on numbers from 2016. I was skeptical, and had to fact-check. Neat!

I'm not sure exactly what they mean in the last part of that quote. Maybe they mean specifically "largest shippers of Made in the USA ukes"? I could see that for sure. I was thinking of a company like Kala who receives instruments from overseas in the USA, but surely must ship out into the states way more instruments than Magic Fluke.

Thanks for posting this. That's pretty cool.

There are a few very nice news pieces out there about my favorite Ukulele company!

Scooter

Oh, I just happened upon the article whilst browsing. Now, that I know more about their company I think I'd like to visit them someday and buy a uke there.

Oh, I just happened upon the article whilst browsing. Now, that I know more about their company I think I'd like to visit them someday and buy a uke there.

When they first moved to Sheffield from Connecticut, I was the first customer to come visit- the building wasn't even finished yet.

I bought my Fluke Tenor as a second, off the shelf (after playing it for maybe 90 minutes...) with wooden fretboard, PegHed tuners, and a B&B pickup, along with the old Gator hardshell case, and I ordered a Firefly banjo uke that day after playing two prototypes for about 30 minutes each... (Dale wouldn't let me buy either prototype.) My FireFly is S/N #26, and I am very happy with both instruments.

-Kurt​

Top Bottom