Quick NUD

RafterGirl

Reaction score
I was following the USPS tracking closely, and I knew that my new ukulele had made it from Florida to Salt Lake City last night. I was resigned to waiting until Tuesday for it to finally make it to it's new home. As I was driving to church this morning I noticed a mail truck turning into my neighborhood. Hmmm. That's odd. I didn't think they were delivering today? What are the odds? As soon as I got to church I called home and told my mom to be watching in case the package came before she left for church. She said it arrived about 5 minutes after I hung up. I'm so glad she was still at home to get it safely inside.

Loprinzi concert
Cedar top/Rosewood back & sides, maple binding, walnut & maple stripe on the neck & headstock.
Ebony fretboard & bridge.
Customized with an extra fret marker on the third fret, 1 7/16 nut, UPT tuners, and MiSi pick-up.

I haven't had time to play it a lot yet, but so far it sounds wonderful. It's gorgeous. The cedar top & dark rosewood look great together. I will post a review once I've had it awhile.

Attachments

• DSCF1548.jpg
    DSCF1548.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF1549.jpg
    DSCF1549.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Congrats - looks wonderful. I have a Loprinzi LN Soprano, thanks to a UU member, that I love to bits.....and a concert that will be coming my way soon. It has been a real pleasure dealing with Donna and crew.

I’ve enjoyed following your posts and your journey to discover the “keepers”. It has taken me much longer :rofl: but has been so much fun.

Merry Christmas to you! :shaka:

Wow Santa really came through!!!! Congratulations it's beautiful and I am sure it sounds that way as well

Perfect timing! Looks greats, Happy Holidays!

Congratulations! There is nothing better than a NUD! That concert is beautiful. Cedar and rosewood is such a great combination. Enjoy!

One update with a couple more pictures. The size of this concert is quite different from my KoAloha. The neck widths & nut size are the same, with the Loprinzi having a slightly slimmer neck. Scale size is 15 inches for both. It seems like I can reach some difficult chords a smidgen easier on the Loprinzi with the slim neck. Overall length of the ukulele is 23.5 inches for the Loprinzi and 23.75 inches for the KoAloha. The KoAloha has a longer body length, lower bout width, and body depth. Upper bout widths are the same. The pictures show it with the KoAloha as well as my Islander soprano. Nice to have a variety in sizes, design, and wood tones. I will probably switch to Living Waters strings on the Loprinzi since I really like them on my KoAloha.

Attachments

• DSCF1554.jpg
    DSCF1554.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF1552.jpg
    DSCF1552.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 56
Hey, thanks for posting these extra pics. Love to see and hear about the comparisons. I think you have 3 winners and a great “mix”.
I remember a day long ago when I thought 1 would be enough ROTFL - what a dreamer I was.

Hey, thanks for posting these extra pics. Love to see and hear about the comparisons. I think you have 3 winners and a great “mix”.
I remember a day long ago when I thought 1 would be enough ROTFL - what a dreamer I was.

Yep. Santa left some ukulele money under my Christmas tree and I already have my eye on the fourth (and final) member of my little ukulele family.

Yep. Santa left some ukulele money under my Christmas tree and I already have my eye on the fourth (and final) member of my little ukulele family.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Famous last words from all of us!
i just sold off some of laminates to pay for a fourth, and final, solid wood uke. With no family or a tree for Santa to visit, it had to be a one time gift to myself LOL- until somebody else posts something I can’t live without.
i hope your next one brings you as much joy! It will be interesting to see what you choose.

Great story. Thanks for sharing and congrats. Nice selection of ukuleles. I especially like the pic comparing size of Loprinzzi overall to your KoAloha. Helpful as we all can’t touch each ukulele. I’ve had PoPrinzzi tenors on my mind for a long time. Your wood combos and binding look great. What model class is that. I don’t fully understand LoPrinzzi levels for models but hear nothing but great things about their sound and quality. Enjoy you Uke and all the best for Christmas.

Great story. Thanks for sharing and congrats. Nice selection of ukuleles. I especially like the pic comparing size of Loprinzzi overall to your KoAloha. Helpful as we all can’t touch each ukulele. I’ve had PoPrinzzi tenors on my mind for a long time. Your wood combos and binding look great. What model class is that. I don’t fully understand LoPrinzzi levels for models but hear nothing but great things about their sound and quality. Enjoy you Uke and all the best for Christmas.
I agree that their website is kinda confusing on prices. Based on the prices listed, I thought a cedar/rosewood uke was way out of my price range. But I contacted them and the price quote was less than I thought. Cedar & rosewood concert with the upgraded ebony fretboard & bridge, upgraded Gotoh UPT tuners, non-standard nut size (1- 3/8 is standard, I got 1-7/16) extra fret marker & side dot at the third fret, plus the maple binding, and brown/black rosette was under $750. I decided later in the process to add the MiSi pick-up. Total time from order placement to delivery was 10 weeks. The ukulele was basically ready to go at about 8-9 weeks, but it took extra time to get the MiSi ordered and installed.

I would contact Donna to get a price quote. Uke Republic is a Loprinzi dealer and usually has a good selection if you don't need anything custom.

Congratulations! I know you won't be sorry. Donna is such a great gal, and everytime I strum one of her ukes I have to grin.

Switched out the strings to Living Waters and I'm much happier. I'm not sure what strings it came with. Loprinzi has their own fluorocarbons, but also uses Aquilla as stock. The strings felt more like Aquillas than any fluorocarbons I've tried (Living Waters, Oasis, Worth Clear). They felt harder and my fingers could definitely tell the difference. Improved sound and more comfortable to play with the Living Waters. The sound of this uke is lovely. Warmer & more mellow than my KoAloha. Love playing it with the MiSi pick-up. The slim neck does take some getting used to. When I switch back to the KoAloha, the neck feels so fat, which it isn't by a long stretch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom