Post Office Ukulele

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
First, Happy Holidays to all. Saturday I was in my local mini post office and saw this poster up on the wall.

Post office uke 900.jpg

And all is right with the world! :)

As soon as a child is born they should receive a ukulele - Charlie Brown said a banjo but I like this just as much

That’s pretty darn cool. I saw an ukulele at a Christmas special on PBS. “Christmas at Belmont”. They used it to open up a piece by a Jazz Instrumental Group.

Very nice, a ukulele always makes me smile that way as well.

We always have about 24 people over for Christmas dinner every year. My nephews live in girl friend who is about 26 years old asked for and got a uke for Christmas. She was thrilled, thats all she could talk about. But it is so good to see how many young people are still getting into the uke. It is not a fad and it is not dieing off.

She works at a home for children and they all have ukuleles and love to play and sing. Thanks for sharing that Mike, I appreciate the thought and sentiment:D

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, that is great!
Yes, an influx of kids and young adults into ukuleleworld is what is going to keep it going for a long long time.
There are so many new groups that use 1 to several ukes in their performances these days.
Our group is still seen as kind of a novelty around here, even though there are at least a half dozen local groups that use the ukulele.
I constantly encourage young people to get involved. And I think the kids in UKC that make it through the illness will play for a long time.
I feel that the uke will be popular long after us old farts are gone.
What a cool picture, the Postmaster must play the uke....

Top Bottom