Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: diy pedalboard

Default diy pedalboard

I wanted to get a pedal or two to experiment with... that quickly lead to three, four... Mostly very inexpensive pedals just for play. But of course then I needed a pedalboard so I decided to make one. I drew it to be the smallest size I could get away with. A larger pedalboard would just make me buy more pedals Not terribly sophisticated but gratifying nonetheless. The sides are 1" thick beech rabbeted so that the top shelves set inside. Top is baltic birch ply edged with paduak for a little visual interest. I put in and out jacks on the side and mounted a power supply underneath. I'm still waiting on a few more patch cables so I haven't wired it up yet.

I'm completely green when it comes to all of this stuff so I can't really discuss the finer points of each pedal However I can share that the Trio+ has a much smaller learning curve than what I imagined and it's a heckuva lot of fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice work PS, that looks super cool, it's almost a shame to cover it up with the pedals
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Lol! Thanks Campbell, I was thinking the same thing

Michael

That looks great, nice work. One day you will have to tell us more about the pedals. I am intrigued, but not sure where to start.

Thank you.

“I am intrigued, but not sure where to start.”

That describes me as well. I’ve played with some of the pedals and some are new. I’m fumbling my way through it.

DIY is the only way to go. Build your own rules instead of fitting your gear into somebody else's design. And save a buck. A Pedaltrain doesn't even have built-in jacks!

Looks clean. What are the little ones?
    Brad Bordessa
    Webmaster of Live 'Ukulele.com
    Admin for The Ukulele Way

Donner pedals, very economical. From the left; Yellow Fall Delay pedal, Behringer Reverb, Donner Blues Drive, Compressor and Tuner.

That looks great! Elegantly simple design. I love the padauk accents. I had a couple pedals that quickly multiplied into about 8 a few years ago. I never got around to building a pedal board though. Those little Donner pedals are a lot of fun to play around with and an easy way to experiment with different effects.

While I do not own any stomp boxes, I would recommend the website of Aron Nelson, a Hawaiian who has played with Chris Kamaka. In addition to his music skills, he also is a programmer having written the unrealBook app (PDF music reader—very good app).

http://www.diystompboxes.com/wpress/
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

this thread abounds in awesomeness. Like others in this thread I have admissions to make. I have never played a guitar, I have never used a plectrum, and know nothing about electronic music. However I bought a 75 watt amp with built in "pedals" such as distortion, overdrive, flange, reverb, and delay. I supplemented with a fuzz pedal (Fuzz Factory Fat) and I love to wank around with my slide and movable chords. If I turn the volume up to "2" I am shaking the walls with my A blues progressions. It actually sounds like I know what I am doing. Those pedals really hide all my faults and if I do make a mistake, I just repeat the mistake and--presto--it is a motif! I have grown very fond of chucking strings to give a percussive rhythm which wasn't possible when playing acoustically. I am learning a lot about rock 'n' roll--namely that it is largely dependent on attitude and mojo, rather than pure proficiency. I don't mean to take anything away from the many people here whom I know have been professional musicians for 30+ years; I merely saying that as an acoustic instrumentalist I am completely a non-entity, but give me a few pedals and I am a little more than that.

Thread Information