“Ukulele Mike” Lynch Passed Away

RIP Ukulele Mike. Like many others in my earliest efforts on the Ukulele, his YouTube videos gave me guidance. He was a real Ukulele Ambassador.

Very sad indeed. This was posted on FB as well. He sure seemed like a nice man, and was so knowledgeable. I bet he taught thousands.

Yes, Nickie - so very sad indeed. A void is left when someone who has contributed so much leaves us.

FYI and future reference, just in case his web site goes offline, there are captures on The Internet Archive here:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/ukulele mike lynch

and since seeing this news, just in case his YouTube channels are closed/shutdown, I have made a request on Archive.org for the videos from all 6 of his YouTube channels to be preserved on The Internet Archive as well so we do not lose his contributions to the ukulele community.

R.I.P. Ukulele Mike :music:

RIP Ukulele Mike, he was a fine teacher and seemed to be a good man. My condolences to his family.

Mike was a gifted teacher; I also watched a lot of his videos. Listening to him was very relaxing. His arrangement of “Here comes the Sun” was one of my first fingerpicking achievements.

I watched some videos and found him a great teacher. Then hubby and I took 2 ukulele cruises with him to Hawaii and back. There we got to know he and his wife as friends. It was unbelievable how much knowledge he was able to get in our playing. More than anything he wanted to teach and share what he’d spent years learning. We will miss him. Our condolences to his wife and daughters.

RIP Mike!

Pete

What a terrible news.
Wishing all the best for his loved ones.
He will be missed by many.

Condolences to his friends, family, and loved ones. The man leaves a giant legacy. There are worse ways to spend the last years of your life than sharing your love of music with people the world over.

Music Alone Shall Live
Ukulele Mike yes my favorite YouTube teacher. Whenever I was done watching his lesson I would stare at my screen and say "thank you ukulele Mike!" The loss to his family and friends is irreplaceable. Thank you for sharing here.

My first fngerstyle song was a Ukulele Mike arrangement. What a wonderful man and a wonderful contributer to the ukulele for so many. Thoughts are with his family.

I'm very sad to hear this.

Goodnight, Mike. Well played.

Wow this is horrible. His voice always made me smile when he sung along with his lessons. One of the first uke teachers I watched when I started. He will be missed.

Shocked to read this.

Although in the same City, I did not get to know Mike.

He will be missed by all who did know and learn from him!

let's keep uke'in' in his memory!

Yes, RIP, Mike. He was among my first inspirations on my uke journey.

Top Bottom