'Ukulele Mike' Lynch Tribute Videos

Fond Memories

I can't believe this thread was started only in January of this year. It seems like so long ago. It brought back a lot of fond memories .

Just thought it's time to give this thread a bump ! Thank you for watching.

Hooray Brenda. It has been a while since anyone uploaded a video to this tribute. Thanks for reminding us all about Mr. Mike Lynch. Time for the rest of us to get to work.

Hi Brenda...........Glad you are keeping the Mike Lynch thread alive with a lovely performance. That is a cool looking ukulele from Fred Shields!
Mike

I can't believe this thread was started only in January of this year. It seems like so long ago. It brought back a lot of fond memories. Just thought it's time to give this thread a bump ! Thank you for watching.

Lovely playing again Brenda. Having now familiarised myself with this thread, etc., it seems that Mike was quite a man and being relatively new to the uke and this site, I’m sorry I never got to interact with him.
It’s been great and also an honour to watch and listen to the above great tributes to his memory.

I just made a comment but have to delete it because I forgot I did watch everyone video sometime ago . I must had a senior moment .
It was a pleasant surprise when I see that this thread is still active.
Brenda, your uke is very unique. Fred Shields is a creative luthier.
Again, thank you Brenda and Campbell for such a meaningful tribute to Mr Lynch.

Here we go.

Let's keep this thread alive.

A shout out to Brenda for her wonderful encouragement and my terrific teacher Matt for his guidance, friendship, and patience while I learn.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Here we go.

Let's keep this thread alive.

A shout out to Brenda for her wonderful encouragement and my terrific teacher Matt for his guidance, friendship, and patience while I learn.

Enjoy

Excellent Rappsy, I really enjoyed your performance. Good picking and strumming and above all very musical. Kudos also to your teacher.......he is doing a great job!
Mike

Never on a Sunday, by Manos Hadjidakis, arranged by Mr. Mike Lynch.
This is a familiar tune I have heard numerous times growing up but have never really found out the name of the song.
Well, here it is: Never on a Sunday, played on a KoAloha Pineapple Sunday, posted UU forum on a Sunday! :D

Let's keep this thread going!

Last edited:
So glad you you are keeping this thread alive!
Beautiful bouncy version of this song Joseph. You are getting a real feel for how a Ukulele should be played. Filming and audio quality are top notch. Really excellent in all departments.
Watched it on Monday as "Never on a Sunday":).......sorry about that but somebody was bound to say it!
Mike

So glad you you are keeping this thread alive!
Beautiful bouncy version of this song Joseph. You are getting a real feel for how a Ukulele should be played. Filming and audio quality are top notch. Really excellent in all departments.
Watched it on Monday as "Never on a Sunday":).......sorry about that but somebody was bound to say it!
Mike

Thanks Mike. You can watch it any day you want. :D

I watched it last night so I am only late with comment ! :)
All I can say is : Joseph , you shock me. When did you jump so many levels? You are setting the bar so high here !
Talk about adding your own style. The last two videos ( yours and Lenny just above yours) have successfully done that. Mike Lynch would be proud ! Thank you for keeping this thread going !
I will definitely watch it over and over. You have done a fantastic job - doctor !

I hope you post this again in link and video as stand alone thread so we can give you a five stars!

Last edited:
Never on a Sunday, by Manos Hadjidakis, arranged by Mr. Mike Lynch.
This is a familiar tune I have heard numerous times growing up but have never really found out the name of the song.
Well, here it is: Never on a Sunday, played on a KoAloha Pineapple Sunday, posted UU forum on a Sunday! :D

Let's keep this thread going!

Wow! This is terrific! Way to go! -Kevin

I watched it last night so I am only late with comment ! :)
All I can say is : Joseph , you shock me. When did you jump so many levels? You are setting the bar so high here !
Talk about adding your own style. The last two videos ( yours and Lenny just above yours) have successfully done that. Mike Lynch would be proud ! Thank you for keeping this thread going !
I will definitely watch it over and over. You have done a fantastic job - doctor !

I hope you post this again in link and video as stand alone thread so we can give you a five stars!

I would like to thank you Brenda, your constant stream of encouragement keeps me practicing.

Top Bottom