Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: 'Ukulele Mike' Lynch Tribute Videos

Ukulele Mike's arrangement of Blackbird by The Beatles/Paul McCartney.

Although it was tempting to play this on one of my Blackbird ukuleles, I hope it sounds nice in high-G on my Santa Cruz mahogany concert. Thanks UU!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysmash View Post
    First of all I was shocked to learn of Mike's passing. May he RIP. I am new to ukulele and was watching and learning from Mike's U-Tube lessons, almost everyday. We had just connected on facebook and became friends. We are somewhere in the same age group. He seemed like such a great person. His sudden death shook me a little, or more. We had just a few days before became friends and starting talking to each other, plus Mike being younger then me got to me. I have ordered and received his Chord Melody books 1-3. I think they are great. I really hope his books are always available and all of his u-tubes. They are a collection of the best learning material I have ever seen in the seventy years since I first started learning clarinet at age 10. I hope someday soon to be able to post a song on here.
    This tribute to Mike is very, very nice. Thank you.
    I am glad you found this thread at last. I hope you will participate in this thread too. Yes Mike's daughter is managing his business. You can still buy through the same website.
    Last edited by SoloRule; 04-13-2018 at 07:48 AM.
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Quote Originally Posted by good_uke_boy View Post

Although it was tempting to play this on one of my Blackbird ukuleles, I hope it sounds nice in high-G on my Santa Cruz mahogany concert. Thanks UU!

Kevin, That's another beautiful uke you got there. It has a very nice sound to it although it is not a blackbird. Mike's arrangements are all meant for high G but you can get away with a low G tuning on some songs.
    Your skill has improved so much in a short few weeks. It's good to see you continue posting video and one is better than the last. Another fantastic video!
    Brenda

Well done Kevin. Another great one from you.
    Tenor: Kinnard, Mya Moe 2052, Mya Moe Resonator 1581
    Concert: Hoffmann ML, Oceana Slothead Cutaway, LoPrinzi Nova MS-C, Kanile'a KPA C, Kiwaya KMC-K, Pono RC-C-PC, KoAloha Mango, Bruce Wei Hummingbird, Waterman KA CWB
    Soprano: Lanikai LU-21(Starter uke!), Kamaka Pineapple 100th Anniversary, Maui Music SK-41 "Pre-Fire", Romero Creations XS, Ohana SK 50G, Zimnicki #20, Makayla Dolphin, Fred Shields Oval, KoAloha KSM-02 (Long Neck), Barron River
    Mini: iUke Piccolo, Fred Shields Pocket

This is truly a great thread. I hope I can contribute one day . I need to buy the books first.

Great job there Kevin.....anything by the Beatles is fine by me. Your Uke choice also spot on. Lovely warm tone. Mike Lynch would be proud!

Mike

Kevin that really was wonderful.........one of my favorite songs and you did it justice my friend. That Santa Cruz is one of the nicest sounding re-entrant ukes I have ever heard, it's a keeper.

What are you using for recording equipment, the sound quality is excellent
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Thanks for the positive comments, all! Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    What are you using for recording equipment, the sound quality is excellent
    Dave, you have an impressively good ear. Because of this thread (thanks, SoloRule and Camsuke), I've started doing a bit more video recording, and I just decided to upgrade my recording setup. This video recording of Ukulele Mike's Blackbird arrangement was my first use of Apogee's new Apogee Mic Plus. I just plugged this new Mic via USB into my MacBook then recorded the video using the free QuickTime player that's built into Mac OS X. Just a raw recording, no effects or anything. I think the gain was set a tad too high, but I'm learning. Thanks!

Dave just turned up his hearing aids. That’s all

He does have good ears. He knows a good uke when he hears one.
    Brenda

Thanks for posting Kevin, this is so beautifully played & sounds absolutely amazing! Bravo!
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Thread Information