Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Ukulele Mike' Lynch Tribute Videos

Thanks for posting another great video Linda!
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Linda
    I really like this second video with the singing and some finger picking.This must be from a different book other than the chord and melody?
    By the way, according to his website his family will continue to manage the books sales.
    Thank you again for sharing your videos. I should try to do a second one soon.
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Thumbs up

I'd like to add my voice to the tribute........I've spent many useful hours watching his videos.......
    However, this is all I've got........it's mercifully short and might remind you of something ?
    Note I've got my cap on..........Mike liked his hats !

He's also partly responsible for the group of wonderful 'ukes you see keeping me company!

I've really enjoyed this thread (nice one, Brenda ) even though the circumstances are sad........I listened to all the contributions last night .
    I found Mezcalero's song particularly moving and I've been playing with the interesting chord progression Mike worked out (that Mezcalero used) this morning.
    Now here's the thing, a really good teacher is the sort who when you've left the lesson, watched the video etc., you start thinking stuff like...... " I wonder what that would sound like in a flat key?".....or...."Hmm..I'll bet that would sound good in a higher position"
    Then you find two hours of your life have flown by.
    I always found Mike's tutorials were like that; it's never just the tutorial but half of the next day.
    Anyway my contribution was minimal but maybe I could make a deal with my new Toronto friends.........at Dave's next theme party ( strings ? Tunings ?) I'll learn the chords and words to Mr.Bojangles and we can all play it together and remember Ukulele Mike.
    He'd probably like that

Robin that's an awesome post. Funny thing is I just sent you an email about the winter uke party. Good idea about learning Mr. Bojangles and we all jam it out. Cheers brother.....love the hat, you gotta wear it to my house.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

It's fantastic to have you with us Robin, thanks mate. I might just go shopping today for a new hat!
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Yes Robin.
    I've certainly heard this many times on YouTube.

Excellent post Robin..... I can see a lot of players recording that little refrain.................Bring it on!
    Mike

Very nicely done Robin! I've heard that intro dozens of times over these last 5 days as I have watched quite a few of Mike's tutorials. . .

Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    I can not believe we have two piano players posting their video at the same time .

Thank you and a big bravo to you. Both of your ukes look so pretty.
    May I ask good_uke_boy what kind of uke is that? My UAS bugs are attacking me again.

Joseph that is a sweet looking Hoffmann.
    very nice playing! And agree with Brenda some lovely looking/sounding instruments as well!

Great stuff coming in! Thanks to Brenda and Campbell for starting this thread!

I't amazing how many tutorials Ukulele Mike did! I'm surfing for another to learn

Here's another Ukulele Mike tutorial cover song ~ Margaritaville

Thread Information