Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Ukulele Mike' Lynch Tribute Videos

Great work, Mezcalero and lelouden. I was beginning to think this thread was going to run out of steam too soon. If ever a thread should keep going it is this one. The world needs more people like Ukulele Mike and this will be a great way for us all to keep remembering Mike Lynch. It appears to me that a lot of Ukulele players have started by the inspiration of Ukulele Mike therefore I would expect a lot of beginners may want to use this thread to get there first video recording online and to show their respects to Mike. It would cool if we can keep this thread in the "Links and Video" section opening page for as long as possible.
    Regards Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHollandGuitar View Post
    Great work, Mezcalero and lelouden. I was beginning to think this thread was going to run out of steam too soon. If ever a thread should keep going it is this one. The world needs more people like Ukulele Mike and this will be a great way for us all to keep remembering Mike Lynch. It appears to me that a lot of Ukulele players have started by the inspiration of Ukulele Mike therefore I would expect a lot of beginners may want to use this thread to get there first video recording online and to show their respects to Mike. It would cool if we can keep this thread in the "Links and Video" section opening page for as long as possible.
    Regards Mike
    Mike , you took the words right out of my mouth.

Remember you can post as many songs as you like!! Mike has so many great arrangements that I am sure we will find different song everyday.
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Mezcalero View Post
    When I started playing the ukulele about 18 months ago, the first videos I watched on youtube were done by Ukulele Mike. Loved his passion and dedication to sharing his knowledge and love of the instrument! I have gone down the rabbit hole watching his videos the last couple of days and picked one of them to learn and offer as a humble tribute to his legacy. Sorry for the creaky floors and nasally voice RIP Ukulele Mike!

WOO HOO .....Kevin! Thank you for keeping this alive and strong with that voice of yours. I don't hear any cracky floor.
    It was one of my first guitar songs! I love folk music.
    Last edited by SoloRule; 01-08-2018 at 03:57 AM.
    Brenda

Ukulele Mike was definitely a super force in the Ukulele community. His videos has taught numerous of us. When I first started 20 months ago, his videos were the ones I learned from.
    In honoring the great Mike Lynch, I have posted my very very first ukulele video. Hope I did not mess it up too much. This is arranged by Mike in his Chord Melody Book Vol One. Can’t help falling in love.

Tenor: Kinnard, Mya Moe 2052, Mya Moe Resonator 1581
    Concert: Hoffmann ML, Oceana Slothead Cutaway, LoPrinzi Nova MS-C, Kanile'a KPA C, Kiwaya KMC-K, Pono RC-C-PC, KoAloha Mango, Waterman KA CWB
    Soprano: Lanikai LU-21(Starter uke!), Kamaka Pineapple 100th Anniversary, Maui Music SK-41 "Pre-Fire", Romero Creations XS, Ohana SK 50G, Zimnicki #20, Makayla Dolphin Light Blue Burst, Fred Shields Oval, KoAloha KSM-02 (Long Neck), Barron River
    Mini: iUke Piccolo, Fred Shields Pocket

When I first started playing, I was excited to discover that Ukulele Mike had arranged for ukulele a portion of a piano piece I'd learned as a teenager. This discovery resulted in several emails back and forth between him and me. Great fellow. RIP Mike. Hope I do it justice!

Edit: searched for, and found, ukulele Mike's version:

Last edited by good_uke_boy; 01-10-2018 at 01:55 PM.

I can not believe we have two piano players posting their video at the same time .

Thank you and a big bravo to you. Both of your ukes look so pretty.
    May I ask good_uke_boy what kind of uke is that? My UAS bugs are attacking me again.

Joseph that is a sweet looking Hoffmann.
    Last edited by SoloRule; 01-08-2018 at 04:23 AM.
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    May I ask good_uke_boy what kind of uke is that? My UAS bugs are attacking me again.
    Sure. It's a Moore Bettah tenor. Built in 2015 with Chuck Moore's slightly larger body. My favorite instrument -- and I've got a few!

Thank you Lapyang & Good Uke Boy, these are really fabulous contributions
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Here is one I did a long time ago. It is an adaptation from Ukulele Mikes arrangement. I tuned my uke down a half step to accommodate my lower vocals.

Here is Mikes.
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

I think this is such a wonderful tribute that I wanted to thank all who are participating. Keep 'em coming!
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Thread Information