'Ukulele Mike' Lynch Tribute Videos

Mike Lynch was a larger than life character with a love of the Ukulele and a hell of a YouTube channel. Here is my video tribute: Mike's arrangement of "It's Only A Paper Moon."

Thanks to Brenda and Camsuke for the inspiration.
RIP Mike"Ukulele"Lynch!

Hi Mike Thank you for the video and learned it in such a short time too. You are definitely a pro.

Since Mike Lynch do not do demo on every one of his songs, I hope this link also inspires others who may be unfamiliar to some of the songs in his books. It already helped me as I have never played "It's only a paper moon" and the one Andy did above in #17. Now I have a demo to play along. Thank you !

Last edited:
It already helped me as I have never played "It's only a paper moon" and the one Andy did above in #17. Now I have a demo to play along. Thank you !

Just so that credit is given where it is due, Mike had an entire Beatles YT channel. Here is his tutorial of “For No One” that I posted in #17.

Happy strumming.

Just so that credit is given where it is due, Mike had an entire Beatles YT channel. Here is his tutorial of “For No One” that I posted in #17.

Happy strumming.

Andy, thank you for posting. I have started searching for his demo video . There are more on strumming and singing. I guess he liked to sing. If someone found his Chords and Melody posting , it is greatly appreciated to share it here.

I only met Mike over Facebook and a few emails. He was such a FINE gentleman, kind and soft spoken. When I met him, I was just starting to teach beginner ukulele and Mike sent me his video Wonderful World of the Ukulele Vol. 1 just to help me out. I think since then that I have bought each of his chord melody books. There is so much great instruction in those.
This video I am posting of Mike teaching the "fly-away" game for learning chords. I use it in every series of ukulele classes that I have now to help teach others.
Thank you for all the joy you brought to the world Mike. Dwell in Peace and uke on!!!!!

Last edited:
This is a terrific thread.
Ukulele Mike was a fabulous recourse.
He was incredible and a huge influence and a fantastic, generous teacher.
He will definately be missed!

Although I am not a soloist and rarely use tabs, I have many of his books.
I learned this one yesterday for the seasons to dedicate to him.
Only giving myself a day to try and get it together, it is rough.
I tackled this one at a slow pace and felt really good about it......until I went and had a listen to his timing and pacing :/

Take a listen to Mike's Waltzing Matilda. He played with such ease!

Here's mine after several hours and about a million takes.
Maybe sharing this will encourage others to do the same.

Desert Pavement
marktrevis
lelouden
You guys started a new trend by including Ukulele Mike original video. Great thinking. Thank you for joining us

Last edited:
When I started playing the ukulele about 18 months ago, the first videos I watched on youtube were done by Ukulele Mike. Loved his passion and dedication to sharing his knowledge and love of the instrument! I have gone down the rabbit hole watching his videos the last couple of days and picked one of them to learn and offer as a humble tribute to his legacy. Sorry for the creaky floors and nasally voice :) RIP Ukulele Mike!

Last edited:
Great work, Mezcalero and lelouden. I was beginning to think this thread was going to run out of steam too soon. If ever a thread should keep going it is this one. The world needs more people like Ukulele Mike and this will be a great way for us all to keep remembering Mike Lynch. It appears to me that a lot of Ukulele players have started by the inspiration of Ukulele Mike therefore I would expect a lot of beginners may want to use this thread to get there first video recording online and to show their respects to Mike. It would cool if we can keep this thread in the "Links and Video" section opening page for as long as possible.
Regards Mike

Great work, Mezcalero and lelouden. I was beginning to think this thread was going to run out of steam too soon. If ever a thread should keep going it is this one. The world needs more people like Ukulele Mike and this will be a great way for us all to keep remembering Mike Lynch. It appears to me that a lot of Ukulele players have started by the inspiration of Ukulele Mike therefore I would expect a lot of beginners may want to use this thread to get there first video recording online and to show their respects to Mike. It would cool if we can keep this thread in the "Links and Video" section opening page for as long as possible.
Regards Mike

Mike , you took the words right out of my mouth.

Remember you can post as many songs as you like!! Mike has so many great arrangements that I am sure we will find different song everyday.

When I started playing the ukulele about 18 months ago, the first videos I watched on youtube were done by Ukulele Mike. Loved his passion and dedication to sharing his knowledge and love of the instrument! I have gone down the rabbit hole watching his videos the last couple of days and picked one of them to learn and offer as a humble tribute to his legacy. Sorry for the creaky floors and nasally voice :) RIP Ukulele Mike!

WOO HOO .....Kevin! Thank you for keeping this alive and strong with that voice of yours. I don't hear any cracky floor.
It was one of my first guitar songs! I love folk music.

Last edited:
Ukulele Mike was definitely a super force in the Ukulele community. His videos has taught numerous of us. When I first started 20 months ago, his videos were the ones I learned from.
In honoring the great Mike Lynch, I have posted my very very first ukulele video. Hope I did not mess it up too much. This is arranged by Mike in his Chord Melody Book Vol One. Can’t help falling in love.

When I first started playing, I was excited to discover that Ukulele Mike had arranged for ukulele a portion of a piano piece I'd learned as a teenager. This discovery resulted in several emails back and forth between him and me. Great fellow. RIP Mike. Hope I do it justice!

Edit: searched for, and found, ukulele Mike's version:

Last edited:
I can not believe we have two piano players posting their video at the same time .

Thank you and a big bravo to you. Both of your ukes look so pretty.
May I ask good_uke_boy what kind of uke is that? My UAS bugs are attacking me again.

Joseph that is a sweet looking Hoffmann.

Last edited:
May I ask good_uke_boy what kind of uke is that? My UAS bugs are attacking me again.

Sure. It's a Moore Bettah tenor. Built in 2015 with Chuck Moore's slightly larger body. My favorite instrument -- and I've got a few!

Edit: now played on a Bonanza Oreo Baritone Ukulele.

Last edited:
Here is one I did a long time ago. It is an adaptation from Ukulele Mikes arrangement. I tuned my uke down a half step to accommodate my lower vocals.

Here is Mikes.

I think this is such a wonderful tribute that I wanted to thank all who are participating. Keep 'em coming!

Top Bottom