'Ukulele Mike' Lynch Tribute Videos

Here is my attempt to interpret Mr. Lynch's simple yet beautiful arrangement for Beautiful Dreamer. Played on a Kamaka Pineapple 100th Anniversary Soprano.

Really well played Lapyang. That little Ukulele sounds fantastic. Just a great sound!
Mike

Lapyang said March is Ukulele Mike's Birthday , we need to keep this link alive . Here is my forth contribution...

Last edited:
Lapyang said March is Ukulele Mike's Birthday , we need to keep this link alive . Here is my forth contribution...

Nicely played Brenda. Video recording yourself playing is such a valuable tool for all players......there is no escape! It would be great to have more players contributing to this thread. I look forward to every new video whether a beginner or a more experienced player.
Again very well played!
Mike.

Beautifully played Brenda, I'm impressed.

As an aside, I'm quite impressed by the markers on the fret board of your uke, are the inlaid or an after market add on? very nice looking ukulele as well, can you tell us a little about it?:)

Thank you Joseph, Mike and Camsuke.

Santa , that's my custom built LFdM that I commissioned in 2016.
Here is the link if you are interested in seeing the details. The fret markers are mother of peal, Luis - the luthier said it was a lot of work. Very time consuming. Never again.:(
http://lfdmguitars.ca/december-4th-2016-ukulele-appreciation-video

Thanks for the link Brenda, interesting and very impressive.

I can imagine just how time consuming the inlays would have been.:)

Santa
I can buy and buy but nothing beat the sound quality of that LFdM !
All my recordings are raw with no pick up or enhancements. Just my iphone and the Shure MV88 mic.
This particular uke is the loudest and clearest!

Here's a video version of Chet Atkins' "I Still Can't Say Goodbye."

Not arranged by Ukulele Mike. But I think it fits the theme of this tribute thread.

The arrangement/adaptation is by Corey Fujimoto, as transcribed by UU member "xyz" (Bertrand Le Nistour). Corey's version is one of my favorite tunes to try to play. I took a shot at adapting and inserting the bridge that's missing from xyz's transcription.

Again, RIP Mike.

Last edited:
This song title is so powerful. It always make me cry . Believe it or not , just the other day I was thinking about going back to re-learn the song !

Mike Lynch and his family would appreciate the thought and this song really touches the heart. Very meaningful!

I agreed - Corey's version is the BEST. It is also the most difficult version. You have done a fantastic job with that. You have just raised the bar on this thread.

BTW Kevin...from now on you need to include description of your uke . You are such a teaser! ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom