Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEED RECOMMENDATION ON MUSIC READER APP FOR IOS DEVICES e.g. I-PAD

Forescore page flips/flaps!
    Form the manual
    Autoturn
    For scores with sequential pages, forScore’s metronome can also turn the pages for you automatically. To use autoturn, follow these three steps:
    • For each page of your score, enter in the number of beats on that page or type in the number of measures and the app will do the math for you. If you’re on the first page of your score, consider adding a few extra beats as a lead-in.
    • Taptheautoturnbuttontoturniton(ifitisn’talready)
    • StartthemetronomebyselectingAudible,Visible,orBoth
    Once the metronome counts up to the number you’ve specified, the page will turn automatically.
    If you’re viewing your score in landscape mode, forScore will also scroll down when it reaches half of that number. (If you have 64 beats on a page, it’ll scroll to the bottom of the page at 32 beats.)
    Turn the metronome off at any point to reset the autoturn count.

Hope this helps.
    H

I, and almost everyone I know and jam with who uses song sheets, use LinkeSOFT Songbook on Android, iOS or PC. It works with page-turner pedals, has the option to auto-zoom songs to one page, transposes keys on the fly, scrolls if required, displays chord diagrams for many instruments if required and loads more. Personally I find PDF's much less flexible and versatile.
    And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no,
    And whether the skin be black or white as the snow,
    Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong,
    As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.

Thank you for the help and recommendations. I purchased ForScore for Ipad. Now I am trying to get the page to flap automatically. I entered Mike Lynch's tabs as they are written in huge font size so some songs are 5 pages long. Unfortunately , he did not include any of the beats on his sheet music and these are pdf so I don't know if it will make any different. I will read some more on the ForScore instruction. You would think this is the basic feature , it should be easy.
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Thread Information