Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice for playing outdoors

A little pricey, yeah. I'm busking to save money for the next ukulele, and a Blackbird might take a few years worth of busking. Meanwhile, rather than spending baby's shoe money on a louder ukulele now, I'll just stick to the Bruko and play it as kypfer suggested, and then buy a louder uke in the Springtime with the money I made busking. Something around 150-200 euros. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    It might be best to have someone stand where the listener would be and have them judge how it sounds. I bet it's better from there than from your ears.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    7 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://.www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    I'm sure that this will be the case. I regularly play outdoors with anywhere from 10-25 other Uke players. They sound much louder when I stand in front, looking at them, as compared to when I am standing in the mist of them.

If any of your instruments have a pick up installed, an inexpensive belt mounted buskers amp should give you the extra volume to punch through the ambient noise.
    "All worthwhile things in life should be easy to learn but hard to master"

Beau Hannam Custom Tenor - Vintage Hand Rubbed Sun Burst all Tassie Blackwood
    Hoffmann Lutherie - Concert - Angry Owl Ebony and Cedar
    Anuenue - Flame Maple Soprano
    Barron River 8 string Tenor - Black Limba and Lutz Spruce
    Beansprout Banjolele - Walnut and Pistachio

Thread Information