Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hawaii trip buying advice

Quote Originally Posted by sbanacho View Post
    Does anyone know if the HMS store carries more in stock than they show on their web site?
    I was told by their staff. On line has more if you are looking at the high end ukes.
    Can’t expect them to display everything in the store and let everyone walk in just to play around with it
    If you are looking at under $500 ukes. Yes I saw a wall full of it.
    They definitely had the most ukes on display than any other one in tourtist area
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Janeray1940, if you visit the Good Guys, please stop by the Kapahulu Starbucks as my daughter is
    the current manager (Jan 2018)

During the Summer, my wife walks there to get a beverage, then walks to Leonards for a malasadas or 2, then
    walks back to Starbucks for another beverage

I sometimes meet her and our daughter before heading to the Makai Food Court at Ala Moana Center to serenade
    the Aunties who make paper leis for visiting and dining tourists. There are several of us there near Cinnabon and
    Honolulu Cookie Co, eating, talking story and enjoying a modest kanikapila (until security comes by)

come and join us. I won't be back til Ukulele Festival time, mid July, LORD willing.

keep uke'in',

PS I concur with all of the above, esp visiting Hawaii Music Supply/The Ukulele
    Site, in Haleiwa on the North Shore. if you get there mid-day, Len might be
    there along with Corey Fujimoto and Kalei Gamiao!! I've been there when they
    were simply playing around and creating a mini concert! You can see Corey
    and Kalei on the HMS website featuring various ukes! Wonderful players, both!
    Last edited by Uncle Rod Higuchi; 01-09-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    Uncle Rod Higuchi
    ( rohiguchi@seattleschools.org )

MP3s: http://www.mediafire.com/?50db7nls4o6m6
    Ukulele Boot Camp, FREE Songbook, Holiday, Hawaiian & More: http://ukulelebootcamp.weebly.com
    Crazy G tutorial on YouTube ( uncle rod crazy g )
    pdf file for Crazy G:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0o6id06c06...20TAB.pdf?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post

Kamaka factory is the closest to Waikiki in comparison to Ko'Aloha and Kanilie'a . You may be able to take public transportation there.
    Actually, now that KoAloha is in their new factory location, they are closer to Waikiki than Kamaka, pretty much across the street from the Ala Moana Shopping Center at 1234 Kona Street, on the second floor. They have tours there each day from Monday to Friday, I think at 1pm.
    PO`IPU NO KA OI!
    Moore Bettah Kauai Dreams undersea inlay tenor "Hui Nani"
    Moore Bettah slothead offset soundhole tenor "Kula Leo"
    KoAloha KTMS-00 "Wiwinani"

Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele: The story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story e-book edition

Alo Moana would be a great place if your spouse and kids don’t want to visit the factory. They can always spend time at Alo Moana. That’s a smart move for koaloha!
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update from my quick trip to Oahu. Your advice was incredibly helpful - I went to many of the shops recommended by everyone, including PuaPua, Goodguys Music, and some others. But by far the best was going to the KoAloha factory. Those guys could not have been nicer and more helpful. I ended up getting a private tour of the factory and spent about an hour just hanging out, chatting, playing around with their ukes and having a good time. And, of course I wasn't going to walk away empty handed. I purchased a KoAloha Opio KTO-G6, the 6-string guitalele. Got very, very lucky in picking it up as there are almost none of these in circulation right now. Long story short, I fell in love at first strum. I recently sold my David Gill uke and a classical guitar and this is, for me, the perfect marriage of the two. I'm more of a guitar player, so I get the 6 strings but in a small package with the sweet ukulele sound. Still on my way back and hanging out in the airport, but I'll try to post some pics and maybe a sound sample later.

I can't say enough good things about my experience and about the people at KoAloha. They make a big deal out of making you part of the extended KoAloha family and you really do feel that when you go there. Those guys love what they do and I personally love their look and sound. Of course you get a bunch of little goodies too.

Thanks again everyone!

Thread Information