Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about String Changing

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    Yay! Time for another uke!
    Yes and yes............this is a good problem to have
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

I don't think there's any such thing as a quick-change. I concur with the others saying you need a second instrument.
    If everybody wanted peace instead of another TV, then there would be peace.
    -John Lennon-

Thank you to everyone for your help. Unfortunately, the ukulele I have right now I just purchased, so it will take a while to save up money for another. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    You need the nut slot for the lo G string filed out a tad wider/deeper, then it won't be right for a thinner hi G string.
    Just for the record, I've played both low G and reentrant for years and have NEVER had to alter the nut slot in any way. I've switched several ukes back and forth depending on my preference and it's never been an issue, but I suppose it depends on the uke and on the strings. Might be more of a problem for thicker fluorocarbon non-wound low G, but I don't use those.

But yes - the only sensible solution is a second uke

Quote Originally Posted by janeray1940 View Post
    Just for the record, I've played both low G and reentrant for years and have NEVER had to alter the nut slot in any way. I've switched several ukes back and forth depending on my preference and it's never been an issue, but I suppose it depends on the uke and on the strings. Might be more of a problem for thicker fluorocarbon non-wound low G, but I don't use those.

But yes - the only sensible solution is a second uke
    The only time I had a problem wasn't with a fluorocarbon string - they are thinner than equivalent nylon or nylon composite strings. It was with an Aquila Red low G on my Brueko tenor and it was the bridge slot that was the problem. Fluorocarbon low G is fine on that uke. I have all fluorocarbon strings on my 6 & 8 string ukes and that includes a low G on the 8 string and a low A on the 6 string and again no problems.

My experience with wound strings is mixed. The wound strings on my baritone only lasted a few weeks and I replaced them with a Living Water Baritone set.
    Last edited by Tootler; 01-10-2018 at 11:47 PM.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Thread Information