Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Building in progress "Kimo super concert"

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Toronto , Canada
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Counting the day I can get my hands on it . I am sure it would look stunning . You always have good taste in wood grains!
    Last edited by SoloRule; 01-12-2018 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Typo
    Brenda

    Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Upper Hale, Surrey/Hants border, UK.
    Posts
    4,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    Counting the day I can get my hands on it......
    Not even built & she's ready to test it out for you, what a great friend you have there.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Toronto , Canada
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    Not even built & she's ready to test it out for you, what a great friend you have there.
    The best kind...
    I bought two ukes recently so downupdave can try! That’s what we do!
    I buy two.... he buys five! That’s fair!
    Brenda

    Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Pickering, ON, Canada
    Posts
    4,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    The best kind...
    I bought two ukes recently so downupdave can try! Thatís what we do!
    I buy two.... he buys five! Thatís fair!
    Your are such a good friend for letting me buy more than you.

    I will really have fun baby sitting all your children when you are away. Maybe some of your excellent playing skills will rub off on me
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    144

    Default

    My I'iwi is a torrified spruce top with figured mahogany back and sides. I was influenced by you and your friends that played it and waxed poetically of it's sound.
    My belated thanks to you all. I guess after you make your sound sample of your Kimo, I better not listen to it or you and your friends might influence me to buy another ukulele. Aloha.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Pickering, ON, Canada
    Posts
    4,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luv2uke View Post
    My I'iwi is a torrified spruce top with figured mahogany back and sides. I was influenced by you and your friends that played it and waxed poetically of it's sound.
    My belated thanks to you all. I guess after you make your sound sample of your Kimo, I better not listen to it or you and your friends might influence me to buy another ukulele. Aloha.
    I remember the I'iwi with the torrified spruce top and figured mahogany back. That is one fabulous looking and sounding uke, congratulations. I had brought my I'iwi to Luis (builder of LfdM ukes) he was really impressed with it. He said "You can tell it was built with a lot of love". It is one of just a few ukes that I will never sell
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    7,303

    Default

    "A" in the fourth pic.

    That is going to be gorgeous!
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)


    You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

    "Hold everything with open hands." PereBourik

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Pickering, ON, Canada
    Posts
    4,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chopped Liver View Post
    "A" in the fourth pic.

    That is going to be gorgeous!
    It was a toss up between "A" or B in that 4th picture. Hank took another picture (see below) and I picked B, the one on top

    IMG_20180109_100157858.jpg
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 01-15-2018 at 01:09 AM.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    7,303

    Default

    Oooo, yeah! In that pic, the top pic is definitely better!

    I love redwood.
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)


    You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

    "Hold everything with open hands." PereBourik

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Pickering, ON, Canada
    Posts
    4,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chopped Liver View Post
    Oooo, yeah! In that pic, the top pic is definitely better!

    I love redwood.
    Thanks Jan, Hank said that one tap toned a bit nicer and would better suit the walnut tone. I am a big believer in listening to the luthier.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •