Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flamenco Rumba for solo Ukukle

Default Flamenco Rumba for solo Ukulele

A little Flamenco Rumba I wrote for solo Ukulele. I do have tabs for this if anybody is interested but tha Rasgueados (strums) are not noted as played.They are improvised and inserted as you feel when you play.
    Hope you all enjoy,
    Mike
    Last edited by MikeHollandGuitar; 01-16-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Nice composition.

This is a "safe" space isn't it?

Look, I'm a cranky old dude and you seem like a skilled player so I'm going to tell you what I think.

You need to find the groove. Your not alone. LOTS of players of many musical instruments need to find the groove. I guess that I've listened to too many promising new players that have decent skill but NO groove.

What I want to say to them all is, please slow down for a moment and NAIL the groove. The groove is EVERYTHING.

Haha.... not cranky at all. I had tabbed it out and was reading from the tab as I was recording. I should have commited it to memory before recording as I can tell it was a bit rushed in places. I much prefer to play these things with a percussion player. I am also getting very lazy!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHollandGuitar View Post
    Haha.... not cranky at all. I had tabbed it out and was reading from the tab as I was recording. I should have commited it to memory before recording as I can tell it was a bit rushed in places. I much prefer to play these things with a percussion player. I am also getting very lazy!!!!!
    Yes, well I never play ANYTHING in public that I haven't committed to memory and practiced. Its not just you. I've listened to numerous talented young performers at festivals and such that had good technical ability other than a serious lack of groove.

Most experienced players play with their mood, take for example Jake, he plays slight differences in every preformance. I would think it's too boring and less feel playing and following a confined structured tab..
    Playing freestyle gives the player a sense of fun and creativity around the song. Who knows he could even improve and improvise a better melody in time or at the moment.
    Last edited by mm stan; 01-17-2018 at 03:59 AM.
    Making music is a gift in itself, and when you can share it ....it is your gift to others

Mike
    This is an awesome performance
    You got the skill and the move !
    It looks and sounds perfect to me.
    Thank you for always sharing your arrangements so generously!
    UU needs more members like you! This is what this forum is all about! We are all happy to have you with us!
    I second what MM Stan said. A thumb up and A five stars vote from me

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyg View Post
    Yes, well I never play ANYTHING in public that I haven't committed to memory and practiced. Its not just you. I've listened to numerous talented young performers at festivals and such that had good technical ability other than a serious lack of groove.
    Seeing as this is a "safe place" I find your....."I never play ANYTHING in public that I haven't committed to memory and practiced" very self righteous, indignant and condescending.

Mike I listened the whole way through, something I don't always do and I really enjoyed it. Please keep posting your wonderful pieces.
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 01-17-2018 at 06:01 AM.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

I like it! Nice!!
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

Everyone just chill ... Nice video!
    How bad is your UAS?

Mike, I like it a lot. I am glad I listened to the end, the percussion at the end really set the Flamenco mood!
    Keep posting your videos, I am a fan.
    A day without playing uke is a day not well lived.

https://www.youtube.com/user/lapyang

Joseph

Thread Information