Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aquila Low G unwound reds update

Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)

Default Aquila Low G unwound reds update

Hi guys,
    I have discovered a very interesting thing concerning our single low G reds: if I charge with metal powder the recent plastic I have dicovered and that came from the sugar -cane instead the traditional Nylgut I employ on these Low G reds, I have seen that they perform damn louder and brighter than the traditional ones.

The string is also stronger, despite the fact that actually the last version of the reds is much more better than those made in the begginning (1st and 2nd generation)
    The colour is less brik-like but reddish, closer to the upper reds.

HERE is:
    https://www.facebook.com/mperuffo/vi...6070211849438/

So.... may I ask to some of you, guys, expecially the HATERS of the Aquila unwound low g reds to give a try and then tell me what they thinks? Maybe even those that had breckages....

Yeah, I will pick up some for the NAMM show for all the guys of the hall E full of ukulele players, friends, dudes & makers.

Please send me the request, the complete adress plus a phone to
    aquila@aquilacorde.com

thanks
    Mimmo Italy
    Last edited by mimmo; 01-17-2018 at 07:35 AM.

I am a died in the wool "WOUND" string low G user. I find non-wound always dull and thuddy sounding. But I am up for experimenting as I finally gave the high G Reds a good test on a few ukes and was very pleased, I like the new smooth texture so much better.

Thank you for continuing to improve your products and always pushing the envelope.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Yes, I'm on a re entrant binge at the moment but as one of those people with historical issues with the reds I just wanted to post and say I really enjoy the new batches and thanks to Mimmo for always looking to improve and give us more options.

Guys guys!
    remember: which kind of uke is; phone number, no piobox. No 6 & 8 tenor strings, no baritone, no banjo ukes (I have no strings for these ones) and.. I want expecially those that are haters and like unwound low G fluorocarbon strings, ja
    thanks
    Mimmo
    Last edited by mimmo; 01-17-2018 at 07:15 AM.

I have not used the Reds, but have some other Aquilas on my instrument and am awaiting a set of Sugar strings to come in the mail (ordered from the site). I have to say that I am impressed with Mimmo's desire to keep experimenting, keep improving and keep listening to player's feedback. That is great customer service.

Mimmo,

How about red trebles for the e tuning cordoba mini? Any chance Aquila could make these?

Thanks Mimmo for this very generous offer. I am SLOWLY developing a taste for Low G and prefer Unwound, so this will be interesting to hear.

I've never found a good unwound low G for my Concert Fluke. This might be a good option.
    "If a lot of people play the ukulele, the world would be a better place to live."

Hi Guys. I have received a lot of requests!

I think that we can stop there. A big thanks.

Today I will do the job sending you the samples. Then ready to the NAMM shows. I will have good time seeing a lot of good friends such as Mike Upton and collegues of Kala ukuleles, Cordoba, Risa, Kanilea and so on. I will have woth me a lot of Sugar uke sets plus these newest Low G reds.They are all waiting these things. Go ahead now
    Ciao
    Mimmo

well. I have done the job: all the samples are flying to the testers.
    Thanks guys!
    Mimmo

Thread Information