Thread: For Luke & all 60ís fans!

Default For Luke & all 60ís fans!

Hi Luke,
    As per your request mate I just had a first quick run through of this.
    A fun song to do, but as you will hear, I sound not much like the excellent Mr Herman & his Hermits! lol
    Luv n stuff, Dave x

I own a Kawai KM-10 Baby Grand piano, a Technics KN-2000 electric keyboard, a Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic, a 50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo, an American Fender Stratocaster deluxe, an American Gibson SG Special, a Squier Telecaster Custom II with P90ís, a Ibanez GSR200 BASS, a 1964 Tatra Jumbo 9240 6 string acoustic, an Ozark 2035 suprano banjole, a tenor size Kmise banjole, a Cordoba 22T-CE Tenor Cutaway electro acoustic uke, and a Kala KA-CE electro acoustic uke.

Thank you! I loved it! I was tapping my foot as you were playing.
    Suggestion: the part where you sing “when I met a new girl “, you inserted a chord change which forced you to change up your voice. How would it sound without that chord change? Would it sound better if you kept playing the same chord throughout that line?

Quote Originally Posted by lfoo6952 View Post
    ..the part where you sing “when I met a new girl “, you inserted a chord change which forced you to change up your voice. How would it sound without that chord change? Would it sound better if you kept playing the same chord throughout that line?
    Y’know what buddy? Having listened back to it this morning, I totally agree with you and will make that change should I ever play the song again. Thank you.
    That’s the thing I love about this site and it’s great members - not only can we enjoy listening to each other but we can get some great feedback in order to hopefully keep improving.
    Luv n stuff, Dave
    I own a Kawai KM-10 Baby Grand piano, a Technics KN-2000 electric keyboard, a Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic, a 50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo, an American Fender Stratocaster deluxe, an American Gibson SG Special, a Squier Telecaster Custom II with P90ís, a Ibanez GSR200 BASS, a 1964 Tatra Jumbo 9240 6 string acoustic, an Ozark 2035 suprano banjole, a tenor size Kmise banjole, a Cordoba 22T-CE Tenor Cutaway electro acoustic uke, and a Kala KA-CE electro acoustic uke.

Quote Originally Posted by S11LKO View Post
    Y’know what buddy? Having listened back to it this morning, I totally agree with you and will make that change should I ever play the song again. Thank you.
    That’s the thing I love about this site and it’s great members - not only can we enjoy listening to each other but we can get some great feedback in order to hopefully keep improving.
    Luv n stuff, Dave
    Found I had 10 free minutes this morning so thought i’d Just try that suggested small change. I DO think it works better, so thanks again. This, as with all my stuff, was only recorded using the built in mic on my iPad with no post production, so it’s still pretty rough. I hope soon to buy some reasonable recording kit which, although it won’t be able to perform miracles and turn me into a great ‘singist’, should at least be fun to use and make the most of the little I’ve got!

Very well done, Dave. Or should I say Peter (as in Peter Noone).

The audio quality is surprisingly good using just the iPad!

Luke

Thanks buddy. X

Great job! I hear a bit of Herman in your voice!

I love that song, great cover!
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

Thanks maki66 - it’s great fun to play like a LOT of songs from that era!!

Thread Information