Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ukulele straps

Default Ukulele straps

Does anyone here use the kind of strap that hangs from the player's neck, runs behind the instrument, and then attaches to the lower portion of the sound hole - similar to the kind that Willie Nelson uses? None of my ukes have any strap buttons and I might like this style. If you're using them, what brand(s) are you using and how do you like them? For those that have tried them and didn't like them, what didn't you like?

Thanks!

"Uke Thong"

I think I got mine on Ebay. Not as secure as a regular strap as you can't really let go of the uke but it works for me.
    I am the best ukulele player on my block!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug W View Post
    "Uke Thong"

I think I got mine on Ebay. Not as secure as a regular strap as you can't really let go of the uke but it works for me.
    I used a neck/sound hole strap starting out but then had 2 buttons installed. As Doug stated you cannot let go of the uke with a sound hole strap or it will go crashing to the floor. Because of this and a more solid playing postion I moved to the acoustic guitar type of set up with a button on the bottom and on the heel of tje neck. A sound hole straps does work for supporting your uke while playing and frees up your fretting hand
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

"Uke Thong"
    No.... that doesn't sound perverse..... LOL!!

(I'll look that make up)

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    I used a neck/sound hole strap starting out but then had 2 buttons installed. As Doug stated you cannot let go of the uke with a sound hole strap or it will go crashing to the floor. Because of this and a more solid playing postion I moved to the acoustic guitar type of set up with a button on the bottom and on the heel of tje neck. A sound hole straps does work for supporting your uke while playing and frees up your fretting hand
    Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be as solid feeling as a bottom block / neck heel attachment, but it does eliminate the need for strap buttons. I currently just use my lap as an anchor, and get by, but there are seldom times a little bit more "freedom" might be nice. I would be using the "thong" style only when seated.

I tried the sound hole hook kind and didn’t like it. For the reason pointed out above, plus I didn’t like the plastic hook in contact with my ukulele. My favorite set up is having two strap buttons. I do have one uke with the strap attached to the pick-up end pin and tied to the headstock. The headstock attachment is a webbing strap from Uke Leash. You should check out the Uke Leash website. Lori has some interesting no strap button ideas.
    My ukulele family.....
    KoAloha Koa concert - circa 2006
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood - 2018
    Blackbird Clara - 2019
    Cocobolo concert - 2019

The "Mobius Strap" is another that doesn't require installation of buttons. I have never tried it personally.
    I am the best ukulele player on my block!

We've tried a bunch of different straps and systems. Its really a subjective personal preference.
    This is my favorite at the moment;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2K5KIRVOCN6Z4W
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

Now here's some I never heard of, thanks for the suggestions everyone!! I will look them all up....

The "Mobius Strap" is another that doesn't require installation of buttons. I have never tried it personally.
    +1. Stupid simple design and very effective (once you figure out how to put it on right!).

Thread Information