Thread: Cordoba 25T....new strings?

Default Cordoba 25T....new strings?

Hey Guys, I bought a Cordoba 25T and It arrived yesterday. I'm having fun, Minus the callused fingers that I have to rebuild! It sounds pretty good except for some buzz. Would new strings be a waste of money?

Thanks Underground

Hi, Underground! I've decided to start writing a blog about my prediction and prophecy of Biblical End Times! I believe they will reach their total fulfillment in two years, 2020! Come read my entries over at http://neverfatal2020.over-blog.com

So looking for strings, 5 bucks isn't bad. I decided that I'd really like to have a Low G string on my Cordoba 25Tenor
    I'm looking at getting these strings. AQUILA 53117 Low G Tenor Ukulele Strings
    Yes No?

Hi, Underground! I've decided to start writing a blog about my prediction and prophecy of Biblical End Times! I believe they will reach their total fulfillment in two years, 2020! Come read my entries over at http://neverfatal2020.over-blog.com

Yes those would be a good string to try, Oasis warm low G is another. They might not solve your buzzing problem though but will give a very different sound
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 01-27-2018 at 12:28 AM.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

I'll second what Dave said. Trying different strings is always a good starting point. However, you might still have to figure out what is causing that buzz: Is it just one string hitting a fret when you press at a certain position, or is the action too low for your kind of attack? Is it a lose tuner that is ratteling, or something inside the body, a lose brace perhaps? If there is a structural problem with the uke, you might want to think about returning it...
    Enjoying instruments by - Beau Hannam - Jay Lichty - Jerry Hoffmann - Luis Feu de Mesquita - Kala - Kamaka - Kanile'a - KoAloha - Ko'olau - Moore Bettah - Pono - Romero Creations - and others

There can be a few different things causing your buzz, One might be as simple as the humidity. You say it just arrived, and during the colder, drier winter months, a uke sitting on a truck might not be the optimal condition for it. Consider your options with whomever you purchased the uke, or have a set up done locally.

That being said, yes, experiment with strings. They are pretty affordable and can really change the sound of a uke...and it's just fun. Strings are subjective, so there is no wrong answer there. My fav's are D'Addario EJ99T and Savarez, both fluorocarbon strings.

Enjoy that Cordoba!
    Tenor Ukes
    KoAloha KTM-00
    Pono MTD-(All Mahogany)
    Big Island BI-MO-TR-(All Spalted Mango)
    Compass Rose Style B Tenor-(All Claro Walnut)
    Boat Paddle ML style Tenor-(Red Spruce/Cocobolo)

Baritone Uke
    Pono MHBSSC-(Spruce/Mahogany)

Tenor Guitar
    Ibanez AVT1-N-(Spruce/Mahogany)

Thread Information