Season 311 - Kisses

uke4ia

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SEASON 311 — Kisses

I was on the treadmill yesterday, listening to some Tom Tom Club, and it occurred to me that I couldn’t remember us ever doing a Season for songs about kisses. So that’s the theme for this week.

This week I want to hear 1) Songs with some variation of the word kiss in the title, or 2) Songs that are significantly about kisses.

So pucker up. Bring on your Prince, your Seal, your Katy Perry, your Sixpence None the Richer, etc. Or your Tom Tom Club. Your kiss is on my playlist.

Rules:

• The video must be a new video recorded for this Season.
• The video must say that it is for the 311th Season of the Ukulele.
• Multitracking is okay, overdubs are okay. But I'm most interested in seeing you perform a song on the ukulele.
• Original songs are always welcome.
• Videos must be posted to this thread. But not before midnight tonight, Hawaiian time. (And remember, Season 310 still has a day to go.)
• The contest ends at midnight Hawaiian time on Sunday night, February 4.
NO MORE THAN TWO VIDEOS! I’m sorry for the restriction, but history has shown that I’m really bad at commenting promptly on videos, so until I get better at it, I have to limit the submittals. If you find you just can’t stop playing songs about kisses, I can maybe make a second playlist for extra songs that I won’t necessarily comment on, and at the end of the Season I’ll add those songs onto the main playlist for posterity’s sake.
• Winners will be chosen randomly. I usually give t-shirts as prizes.

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
This theme could lead to all kinds of infectious diseases ....
or going from some of the songs I've seen, sexual harassment cases.

Last edited:
Here's a Vaselines song Nirvana covered.

Probably the antithesis of a Jim Seasons vid. 2 chords and the same verse and chorus throughout. A lot of fun to play though.

an abridged Anne Sexton poem that I tried to put music to.

the poem is under "description" in my video.

Wish I could do this justice. Sinuses, etc. But a great old song we enjoy playing at the jam.

Short and sweet from Buddy Holly, with quite a few kisses involved

Right here's some Chili Peppers which is a bit more complex. Probably needs a bit more work but I was driving Louise mad with the distortion (hence playing in the bedroom rather than my usual spot) and trying not to utter the MF bomb where Nathan could hear it made time my enemy.

I've also RABified the solo as I'll never be able to solo as well as John Frusciante.

The playlist should be active for viewing now. I just put the 9 videos so far into it.

SEASON 311 — Kisses

Rules:

• The video must say that it is for the 311st Season of the Ukulele.

Couldn't it possibly say it for the 311th Season of the Ukulele? ;)

Great theme. Now, don't I have an old song of mine about the kiss of death somewhere? :)

Couldn't it possibly say it for the 311th Season of the Ukulele? ;)

It should have. The YouTube playlist says "311th". But I copied the Season 291 themepost to use as a starting point for this one, and only changed the number. It's fixed now.

Top Bottom