Duke 10 Hard Case. Any Ideas?

You could always take Ralph Shaw's approach:

http://www.andyeastwood.com/ukulele-banjo-cases-ah.htm
Worth checking out. Alan is in the UK but a top guy.

I bought one of these from Alan for my Ludwig Wendell Hall. Top-notch case and good value for money, and a perfect fit for my WH. It appears to be too shot for the Duke mentioned, though. You may want to check with Gold Tone. They make a wide variety of banjo ukes and may have a case to fit.

info on a case

Was trying to get measurements on
https://www.amazon.com/TKL-MC403-Applause-Mandolin-Ukulele/dp/B0002D04TC

And received this info from someone who has it
Yeah, I couldn't find 'em either before I bought this. I'll try my best. I want a 'like' for this! :) Length = Longest part, Width = Widest part, Height / Depth = Back of case to Top of case that closes on hinges. Length Internal = Total Length 29 inches + about 3/4 inch of "give" in the padding. 30 inches is absolute maximum and too big to fit. Length of Body Box 15 1/4 Inches Length of Center Neck Bracing and 5 1/4 inches Length of Head Space 9 1/4 inches Width Internal = 11 1/4 inches Height / Depth Internal = 3 inches (bottom part) + 1 1/4 inch (top part of case that closes over) = Total Depth = 4 1/4 inches My experience: I bought for a Risa Bean Tenor Electric Uke because nothing has a fitted shape for that, not even close. The case was at least 1 1/2 inch too deep as this is obviously made for an acoustic. I bought 2 18 inch X 18 inch pillowcases with grey faux fur on them and filled them with cotton pillowcases for the head box and with cotton thin blanket for the body case. Stuffed those in there until it fit just right. Note: The handle is offset to the heavier part of the case. I like this, it carries "flat" when it's in your hand, the light end (head) doesn't want to point at the sky because of weight balance difference in the case. The locking mechanisms are adequate - not absolutely perfect, not horrible but they do the job nicely while looking good. Good luck. I hope that helps.

Thought I'd pass it along since questions on a case for Duke 10 keep coming up,

Top Bottom