Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pona or Opio

Ordered from the Ukulelesite. Requested it be set up with a high G (it comes with a low from the factory). I am just a beginner and felt that was he way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dxn2 View Post
    Ordered from the Ukulelesite. Requested it be set up with a high G (it comes with a low from the factory). I am just a beginner and felt that was he way to go.
    Haha, awesome! My second uke was a Pono Pro Classic Acacia Tenor from The Ukulele Site. Had it for two years, then I bought a KoAloha directly from KoAloha and sold my Pono. I would not go back because KoAloha's are more comfortable to play for myself. Oh, and I had KoAloha re-string it to a high G as well, LOL. I think you made the right choice. The Opio Acacia's look and sound amazing.
    KoAloha KTR-00 / Ohana TK-35CG / Kala Bocote Butterfly Tenor KA-BFT (raffle win) / Oscar Schmidt OU2 with signatures!

OK.....No one mentioned how time stops while the new Ukulele is in the status of "in setup".

Ah, the waiting.........it gets us all.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    Ah, the waiting.........it gets us all.
    Not me! I have a uke coming on Thursday and I am not the least bit . . . . AUGH!!! When is that thing gonna get here!!!!!! AUGH!! I can't stand it!!!!

Oh, I mean, No, sirreebob! I am as patient as anything!

Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Hold everything with open hands." PereBourik

Ooo! Just got an e-mail from FedEx that my uke is arriving 2 days early - tomorrow!!!!

Oh, sorry. Back to the thread . . .
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

Quote Originally Posted by Chopped Liver View Post
    Ooo! Just got an e-mail from FedEx that my uke is arriving 2 days early - tomorrow!!!!

Oh, sorry. Back to the thread . . .
    OK......Not helping..... Just got the email that my order will be shipping on or about the 13th, THE 13TH!!!!! Really not a problem though. I appreciate the care and diligence of getting the Uke set up properly... If anyone hasn't watched the Ukulelesites video on setups I would recommend checking it out. That kind of service is worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by dxn2 View Post
    OK......Not helping..... Just got the email that my order will be shipping on or about the 13th, THE 13TH!!!!! Really not a problem though. I appreciate the care and diligence of getting the Uke set up properly... If anyone hasn't watched the Ukulelesites video on setups I would recommend checking it out. That kind of service is worth the wait.
    Yeah, it will be worth the wait. Those guys know what they're doing!
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

They're both amazing, but you made a great choice. The Acacia Opio is a great Ukulele.
    Sopranissimo: Ohana O’Nino | Sopranino: DJ Morgan Purpleheart Mini Pineapple

Soprano: Bruko No 2, aNueNue aNN-WJC1, Enya EUR-X1, Kala KA-PSS, Kala KA-15S-S

Concert: Martin C1K, Kala KA-C | Tenor: Kala KA-SRMT-TRI | Baritone: Kala KA-ABP-CTG

Thread Information