Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 312 - Contrast

So here I was at 5 am this morning with an Idea of doing something percussive ..........As I'm a bit of an oddball player in that the more I practice something the worse it gets I decided to do a one taker and play whatever popped into my head as I played. Hope it panned out ok for your ears .

It seems everyone's trying to play the ukulele like someone else............the only real way is your own way.

My first. A Bruce Springsteen song. The contrast is in the middle section where I just used occasional strummed chords but with a drone accompaniment which I then keep on to the end. Not all that original but based on a YT clip of Springsteen singing it in concert where the middle section (which is really about a dream) he just has a keyboard playing sustained chords. The pictures are from the London Transport Museum and the Bluebell Railway in Sussex except the Rocket Replica which is from the Railway Museum in Shildon, Co. Durham.

I wasn't sure if this would upload as we've had internet problems today which seem to mainly be affecting WiFi for some reason but my laptop is hard wired to the modem and that seems to be working OK.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Dean Beaver Guest

I don't know why this song popped into my head, completely unexpected on my behalf, anyhow I thought it had some interesting contrast within the song already, and so I decided to give it a whirl after checking out the version by Anne Murray.
    So, this version is somewhat different to Anne Murray's version anyway, although I've tried to keep it fairly close.
    There is some details regarding the Song and Authors in the Description section under the Video on YT channel , if anyone is interested to have a read.
    Anyway for now it's Picnic Time for Teddy Bears

Happy Ukeing

Dropping in to see what y’all are bringing this week. Apparently some really great stuff keep it up!

I haven't had a chance to do much listening but I had some time today to make some noise! First time in a month I believe

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

I tried to write a song keeping "contrasts" in mind, and this is what I got. The real contrast here is the difference between someone having some habits that might drive you a little crazy at times, but it doesn't stop you from loving them.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

A Gershwin classic.

Randy - Harry122

Greetings,

Looks like there’s some good vids here, trying to watch them all this season. I missed most last week. Sometimes I gotta sleep, it’s a problem. Eating my baloney sandwich and going to sleep now. Catch u tomorrow.

Ciao
    "Keep myself away, how am I gonna keep myself away from me" (Counting Crows)

Quote Originally Posted by Ginas uke View Post
    Greetings,

Looks like there’s some good vids here, trying to watch them all this season. I missed most last week. Sometimes I gotta sleep, it’s a problem. Eating my baloney sandwich and going to sleep now. Catch u tomorrow.

Ciao
    Please explain to an ignorant Brit ... just what exactly IS "baloney"?
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    Please explain to an ignorant Brit ... just what exactly IS "baloney"?
    think "Belgium", Val. processed meat roll made from innards and intestinal tracts, assholes and eye sockets etc. scary but gooooood. :P

Thread Information