Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are those android application tuner accurate?

I'm using one just called "Ukelele Tuner." I play alone too and it seems to work just fine.

I have enya tuner,and recently bought snark..i compare them every time i tuned my ukes.i find kala tuner works great
    Ukulele beginner

Kanile'a k1c,kumu sq30,outdoor ukulele amethyst,hand painted lanikai ckcg,enya oms,user

I use "Tunable", which I have on both my Android phone and my iPad tablet. It also includes a metronome, which is the best I've found.The tuner is adjustable with some settings for sensitivity, etc. Here's the Android version. (I use a clip-on tuner more often, however; Tunable is just for string changes and I use the metronome portion always.)

I'm this morning back to DaTuner, because my clip-on tuner won't come to life. After a minutes pressing this Boss TU-01 works. While clip-on tuners are not as accurate, they are so handy, so I'll get a new one, now I just had to choose which one grrr.

Tuning fork isn't an option for me anymore lool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarmo_S View Post
    Tuning fork isn't an option for me anymore lool.
    I bought one just so I could learn how to tune with one! My progress has been slow because usually I just take the easy road of modern technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
    I bought one just so I could learn how to tune with one! My progress has been slow because usually I just take the easy road of modern technology.
    I used to rely on one for maybe 20 years, i'm 60.

Ukulele is easy because A-string has also 440 Hz frequency. Search the best place to put the ball end on top of uke.

When the A string is done. Press G string second fret and E string 5th fret and C string at 4th. Maybe bend a little and listen the interference beat until nonexistent. Problem with fretted notes is they are usually some cents off when the open strings are exact. And as tuning is a compromise open strings also might be best tuned usually a bit below because of this.

Depends also how you play, mostly open chords or upper the neck.

I think the Android tuner is correct. Join us on WhatsApp GB for more support at Link
    Last edited by MariaPaya; 06-07-2021 at 04:02 AM. Reason: add content

I use ukutuner website

Jamo_S: "And as tuning is a compromise open strings also might be best tuned usually a bit below..."

I'm glad you noted this. It has been a bugaboo for me for well over a decade and has always been with the 2nd string whether it be guitar, ukulele (any size, any tuning...)

I tune all the strings spot on, then just the tiniest flat on the 2nd. I can hear it but the tuner doesn't see it. When the 2nd is right chords will "ring" out.

I used soundcorset Tuner & Metronome, the tuner is pretty accurate and enough for use.

Thread Information