Are those android application tuner accurate?

I use Pitch Lab Pro and not only is it accurate but it allows you to make and store any tuning you like, besides a lot of inbuilt tunings as well.

And there are several options for displaying the tuner.

I have, amongst a lot of others tuning for: Guitalele i A-A, 8 string Ukulele, Taropatch, Tiple, 12 string mandolin, 5 string banjo in G, mandola, mandriola, erhu, balalayka etc.

I use a chromatic clip on tuner most of the time. No need to get out the phone when you are not at home.

I have Katsura Shareware tuner on my laptop and use it every now and then. It is two accurate in some ways because it picks up the waveform and changes very fast and has a 1hz resolution. So you hit the string and the meter display wobbles up and down by Hertz. Clip on electronic tuners mostly have the meter display showing Cents which make the display much more stable.

Phone App tuners are a lot of fun if you take the time to read about all the temperaments you can use. The temperament is basically the process or equation used to identify the pitches of the 12 notes, it seems so complicated, but in reality is just how audio frequencies are assigned to notes. If you get an app that shows various temperaments, you can learn a lot about the physics and technical audio part of music.

If you do not care about any of the above, just pick up an electronic tuner, clip it on and tune up and start playing.
I tend to use Uke Buddy, with the mic on, for tuning. I have this saved on my computer, and for my purposes of playing in my living room I've found this gives me the most accurate tuning. I then go back and check each string using the string below at the proper fret interval. The clip-on tuners are close, but always sound slightly off.

I recommend the D'Addario D'Tools app, available at the Apple App Store and Google Play. This app works well, is free and includes metronome functions. The meters, screens and setups may be customized. The setups include a list of customized tunings for every instrument under the sun. I prefer the chromatic mode but you may find the 'ukulele setup easier to use once your strings are stable.

InsTuner is excellent on my iPhone. Just as accurate, but more precise than my clip on.

I have a clip on tuner,and a tuning fork for backup; but I also have an app on my android phone called 'DaTuner' which is very accurate, so long as there is not too much background noise!

I've never had any problem with accuracy and I change between electronics and android. Stability and ease of reading is more important.

I use a clip-on tuner but I much prefer the small DAddario's to the Snark. I also have a pricey strobe clip-on for no good reason I can figure. Sometimes when re-stringing I use the Tuner Ninja on phone or computer because it shows the octave.

I use a clip-on tuner but I much prefer the small DAddario's to the Snark. I also have a pricey strobe clip-on for no good reason I can figure. Sometimes when re-stringing I use the Tuner Ninja on phone or computer because it shows the octave.
Agree about the small D’Addario tuners. The Snark never seemed right to me. Seemed flat. My ear just wasn’t buying what it was telling me. And the little D’Add guys are so simple and unobtrusive. I keep one always clamped onto each of my ukes.

Another vote for the Snark here, haven’t used it that much lately as most of my playing is at home right now so I tune to my piano ( it’s a Roland digital in case anyone thinks I’m using an old acoustic piano that hasn’t been tuned in years….although we have one of those for the authentic barrel house sound too 😊)

I love my UniTune!

Very fast & accurate, easy to see in all kinds of light, and a less cumbersome shape than the Snark (it also doesn't get sticky with time, like some of the Snarks do; the rubberized finish breaks down).

I just wish they came in more bright colours.

I have one or two Android tuners, but even though I mostly play by myself, I nevernuse them.
I keep a clip-on next to the couch where I usually play (and one in most of my uke bags/cases), it's easier to grab that every time I pick up a uke than to fiddle around with my phone.

I’m an iPhone owner, so I can’t make Android-specific recommendations.

On iPhone, I like Guitar Toolkit, Cleartune, and the Peterson iStrobosoft. As a clip-on tuner, I use my TC Electronic UniTunes the most; though you will find accuracy with almost any clip-on tuner to be acceptable for most players.

At my school, where I teach ukulele to 5th Grade, my students are given Chromebooks. As mentioned by others, ukutabs.com has a great tuner that offers reference pitches as well as a tuner that uses the microphone. The reference pitches are wonderful for people that are tuning a ukulele for the first time (or a ukulele that is really out of tune) can get to relative tuning before using the microphone for more fine tuning. And the best part is that I think this tuner works on all devices…as long as you have an internet connection.

And, of course, if you have a classroom set of ukuleles, as I do, the Jowoom Smart Tuner T2 is a MUST at $80 (at the time of writing, July 2022). While you can use a tuner and work through 40 ukuleles, the automatic tuner is brilliant and allows you to tune during a class, while interacting with students, and so on.

The great thing about a clip on tuner is you can switch quickly between different tunings and modes (ukulele/chromatic tuning) . For instance you can quickly tune up or down a semi tone without opening an app on your phone.

Top Bottom