Thread: Caramel cb103 or kala ka be

Default Caramel cb103 or kala ka be

Do you think the kala ka be entry level electro acoustic worth double the price of the caramel cb103 electro acoustic ?

Hi Daryl,

I wonder if this thread might be of interest to you ....

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...K-based-seller

Rgds,

Ernie

In one word, Yes. Better construction, better electronics. But, if you are only getting the electronics for the built-in tuner you would be better off with an acoustic only uke. You can get a Kala baritone with a solid spruce top for US $15 more than the KA-BE https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-...ss-finish.html. They also carry the KA-BE if that is the best fit for you. It will be set up properly if you buy from them, or Mim or Elderly. Good luck with your choice!

Thanks but I am looking into an electric version for playing in front of say 200 people (school venues with my students singing) so I need the volume. I also live in France so shipping from the US might be too dear

Hi Daryl,

I am happy to ship to France as I am in the UK. I have already sold one of my ukes to Italy.

For the same price as a KA BE you could buy a top quality pickup and have it professionally installed into my uke. It is a bargain for anyone wanting a cheap baritone as it is essentially brand new.

Anyway, good luck in whatever you decide.

Ernie

Ahhhh....so tempting...just don’t really know how to go about installing a pick up

Thank you to everyone. I went for a kala tenor and will be fitting them with living waters custom dGBE ba i tenor strings

Good choice. Hope you enjoy it!

Thread Information