Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best strings to use on DGBE tuned Tenor Guitar for a long time baritone uke player.

I picked up Living Waters dGBE custom tenor strings....and they sound nice and balanced. I never played a baritone but every review lead me to these strings.

It appears there are multiple threads asking the same question.

The answer is:

1. The tenor guitar is just a guitar. Furthermore, you're tuning it the same as a guitar (DGBE).
    Hence the solution is painfully obvious. Just use a guitar string set, and use the DGBE strings to tune it to DGBE strings.
    Guitar strings come in many, many, many different tension sets. Use a lighter tension set than the current... to reduce string tension.

No, you don't need custom strings. No, you don't need strings specific to ukuleles. No, you don't need to order individual strings that don't already come packaged in a guitar string set.

2. Ensure your instrument is well setup.
    Setup can make or break an instrument. If you're not well practiced at guitar setups, get the local luthier/guitar technician to set it up.
    Ideally, take the new string set you want them to install for the setup, as the setup depends on the string set for intonation.

I'd try the Worth Brown or Clear Baritone strings if you want unwound strings. They should work on a longer scale.

Quote Originally Posted by JackLuis View Post
    I'd try the Worth Brown or Clear Baritone strings if you want unwound strings. They should work on a longer scale.
    Tenor guitars use steel strings.

Thread Information