Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Uke today?

Default What did you do to your Uke today?

I cleaned and restrung my Kanile'a with Living Water high G strings. When I re-string, I always remove all the strings and give the whole instrument a wipe down with lemon oil, especially the fretboard. Wiping the excess off immediately from satin type finishes because it's probably not real good to let it soak in too much.

IMG_20170122_123005637~2.jpgIMG_20170122_123027707~3.jpgIMG_20170122_123052715~2.jpgIMG_20170122_123123814~2.jpgIMG_20170122_130716064~2.jpg
    Last edited by UkerDanno; 02-19-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Fender Piha'eu - Worth Browns | Lanikai banjolele - Worth Browns
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Ohana CK-35-8 - Living Water | Kala KA-ACP-CT - Living Water, low G
    UBass: Kala Exotic Mahogany - Road Toad Pahoehoe

I just played a couple of tunes on mine.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

I called Gold Tone and they walked me through and adjustment that got rid of the buzz in my resouke - and now it is brighter and louder as well.
    Blackbird Clara
    Concert Flea
    Pono MB
    Deering Goodtime Banjo Uke (concert)
    Gold Tone Resouke
    Hadean Uke-Bass
    Gold Tone Microbass
    Deering Goodtime Special (5-string banjo)

Buckle Up
    http://ut.zerofatalities.com/

Cleaned and restrung my Kala Exotic Mahogany UBass with new Road Toad Pahoehoes! These things are a pain to change out and stretch a LOT! I'll let them stretch for a few days, then loosen and take out a lot of the extra string length. Also gave it a good wipe down with lemon oil.

IMG_20180219_131814801.jpgIMG_20180219_131826495.jpgIMG_20180219_131850345.jpgIMG_20180219_131909189.jpgIMG_20180219_131916817.jpg

See my thread in the bass section covering restring with Pahoehoes
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Toad-Pahoehoes
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Fender Piha'eu - Worth Browns | Lanikai banjolele - Worth Browns
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Ohana CK-35-8 - Living Water | Kala KA-ACP-CT - Living Water, low G
    UBass: Kala Exotic Mahogany - Road Toad Pahoehoe

Snowing all day today & I'm not at work....so.....lots of time to sit and play. I haven't played my Islander AS-4 soprano a lot recently. Too busy playing my Loprinzi and my Gary Gill that I got at Christmas time. I got "Turtle" out and played him all morning. I had forgotten how nice this soprano sounds. Turtle got lots of love & attention today.
    My ukulele family.....
    Imua iSN soprano
    Islander Acacia laminate soprano
    KoAloha concert - circa 2006
    Loprinzi cedar & rosewood concert
    Gary Gill concert scale tenor, Douglas Fir & Mahogany

I wonder if anyone else is as lazy about changing strings as I am. I wait until they break or shred. Hate to waste time that I could spend playing. Been about a year for me. LOL

bratsche
    A bunch of stringed instruments tuned in fifths. And a bunch of cats!

"There are two refuges from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

GearGems - Gifts & apparel for musicians and more!

It was almost 70 degrees here today! What??? Should be snowing this time of year, but I'll take it! In honor of this brief February summer, I played my Ukulele Like Object (ULO), because it has a fish painted on it.

Fish = summer.

Noticed the fretboard was dry dry dry. So I lemon-oiled it.

That's what I did.
    Cocobolo Pineapple #1
    Ohana Sopranissimo
    Maccaferri Islander
    Harmony Soprano
    D. Heilman ULO #7 Concert
    Mainland Cedar Baritone
    Kala Elite Custom Lebanese Cedar Tenor
    Kanilea K-1 SC
    Bonanza Retro Mint Pear Tenor
    Druid Moon Koa Tenor
    Primrose Cedar/Maple Soprano
    Flea Lava Soprano

Cocobolo Cedar Top Tenor
    1933 Martin 1K Soprano

72 degrees here, after flooding on Friday and snow on Saturday. Sat outside and played my OXK.
    - Laura

This isn't exactly what I did to my uke, but I used it today to test a small cart that has a chair attached, which I'll be using on Sundays for a Meetup of acoustic players in park. I was putting on my back a dual compartment gig bag with uke in one, a tablet and stand stand in the other, and carrying a small folding chair, but I have a heart condition and I found it a little difficult to lug that weight on me, so I got the cart. The seat is small but more comfortable than I thought it would be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://.www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Quote Originally Posted by bratsche View Post
    I wonder if anyone else is as lazy about changing strings as I am. I wait until they break or shred. Hate to waste time that I could spend playing. Been about a year for me. LOL

bratsche
    I'm with you in that. While I don't have such a long experience with ukulele, with nylon strings in guitar I have never changed until one breaks or a serious shread on a wound string.
    After I bought my ukulele, did change after about a month, cause did not like the idea of someone elses fingers been on my strings and anyways after a store bought instrument.

I did file the nut slots somewhat lower without taking the strings off/change them, but don't seem to have done any noticeable damage to my Aquilaa nylguts.

I'd estimate without something crazy like bending guitar like, using (metal) picks, unwound strings surely will last a year easy.

EDIT:
    I did practice chord sequences in many keys today just before posting this.

Thread Information