Information on Buying Mike Lynch Books Need

johnnysmash

Reaction score
I hope this is the correct place to post this and seek help. I am not too good with computers and at the moment I am completely lost.

I want to order and download three e-books from Mike Lynch. Books 1 thru 3 of Chord Melodies. I can pay for them thru PayPal. However, I can not find exactly where to place the order even tho I can find all sorts of advertisement for this and that on the subject. Can someone direct me to the right place. Thank you.

You go to his website: http://www.ukulelemikelynch.com

Then hit the PayPal button and enter the dollar amount and say what you are ordering in the memo line.

It has never been a store—and Mike’s family may be better served moving to a service that does this automatically in the future.

Mike’s daughter is filling orders and usually gets back to you within a coupl of days. If you don’t hear anything, e-mail and let her know.

i placed an order as well for one of the books on Sunday evening, and i assume some response will come in a day or three, as mentioned in few thread here on forum... :)

@johnnysmash, please write back when you order and get a response/books - roughly how long it took to get them.
I'm waiting so far since last Sunday, i tried sending an email with question as well, but no response yet...
(i'm checking my spam as well, don't know if it can be blocked by spam folder on Mike's family side)

Last edited:
Direct Message me your name and e-mail, what your ordered and paid, and I’ll reach out to Dianne (Mike’s Daughter). There have been issues when she is sending more than one book at a time, and she always gets back to me (at least so far). To be clear: you paid a donation (via the Ukulele Mike Lynch website) through the PayPal account with the address of payment@ukulelemikelynch.com, correct?

I recently ordered chord melody books one through five. After four days, I had no books. Choirboy helped me out with contacting Dianne and later that day I had all five books delivered. She sent them one to two per email and that worked without a problem. They are great books and well worth a little extra work to get them.

Choirguy: thank you, ill send details over PM... it was just a single book, and i used the very same paypal address

I'm not even seeing a series of books on the website? Just a Volume 1, Christmas and a couple others?

All the different books and package deals are listed on www.allthingsukulele.com (all things ukulele dot com). Then you will need to go back to www.ukulelemikelynch.com to click on the donate button on the left. It will lead you to a paypal page. In the special message box, SPECIFY what books or package deal you are getting. Mr. Lynch's daughter Dianne is running these sites but I think she is new to it. So give her a couple of days to respond to you. The files will come to your email in box. Be sure to check you junk box too.
From different people experiences on UU, when ordering package deal, it is good to ask her to send you one or at most two books at a time. Three books usually have trouble getting delivered to your mailbox, for some odd reasons. You may need to remind her of that.

Lapyang gives good info. I got mine a few weeks ago. I was confused about switching websites, but got it figured out without much difficulty. i bought all 5 books which were sent as .pdf's in email attachments (gmail). I think they came the day after I ordered which was the night before. I thought the whole process went very smoothly.

I used donate button and placed a donation for 1 book to payment@ukulelemikelynch.com on Feb 25th, with a book name in the comment.
(wanted to get first book only to see if i like it before getting full package)

I see it as a donation in my Paypal account, with transaction ID.
Paypal address seems correct according to all previous comments and info from you guys.

I tried sending a question to email on March 1st to theukuleleman2012@hotmail.com listed on the page.
I'm not sure if this address is "working" - might be that Mike's family does not have access there...

Since then, i got no mail from either addresses. I'm double checking the spam/marketing folders in my gmail account, but there is nothing related to this.

Don't know if any of you guys had active response/shopping in recent days (since end of February), might be that they just didn't get to see latest donations yet / are on "vacation"...

I used donate button and placed a donation for 1 book to payment@ukulelemikelynch.com on Feb 25th, with a book name in the comment.
(wanted to get first book only to see if i like it before getting full package)

I see it as a donation in my Paypal account, with transaction ID.
Paypal address seems correct according to all previous comments and info from you guys.

I tried sending a question to email on March 1st to theukuleleman2012@hotmail.com listed on the page.
I'm not sure if this address is "working" - might be that Mike's family does not have access there...

Since then, i got no mail from either addresses. I'm double checking the spam/marketing folders in my gmail account, but there is nothing related to this.

Don't know if any of you guys had active response/shopping in recent days (since end of February), might be that they just didn't get to see latest donations yet / are on "vacation"...

I reached out as well for you and heard nothing back. Check your messages here, and I’ll send you a message off thread.

Choirguy: thanks a lot, i'll wait longer, still have other materials to keep my fingers occupied.
I understand that it can be overwhelming for Mike's family and i believe it will be resolved in time.

i got my book from Dianne recently, she wrote me an apology that my order got lost in the process, and has sent the book over email.
Book itself i like very much, i took #1 to test before getting full pack, and i can safely say i will in time.

I paid $49 on March 16 for two books. I haven't had any response since then. I've checked email and spam daily with no luck. I emailed via a couple of different email addresses and haven't had any response from that either. I finally put in a claim with PayPal; they never got a response. I got an email today from PayPal saying that the purchase doesn't qualify for a refund, so I'm out $49.

So, as much as I hate to say this, buyer beware. I'd like to think I'd get the books someday, but I'm not counting on it.

I paid $49 on March 16 for two books. I haven't had any response since then. I've checked email and spam daily with no luck. I emailed via a couple of different email addresses and haven't had any response from that either. I finally put in a claim with PayPal; they never got a response. I got an email today from PayPal saying that the purchase doesn't qualify for a refund, so I'm out $49.

So, as much as I hate to say this, buyer beware. I'd like to think I'd get the books someday, but I'm not counting on it.

Did you try reaching out at this email address ........ theukuleleman2012@hotmail.com
That's how I got in contact with Mike's daughter. She got the books emailed to me within a day or two. They are great books and for me were well worth the hassle & wait. I got all 5, so she sent them 2 at a time which worked without a problem.

same here, sent donation through PayPal, nothing so far...
Ron

Is this site a scam? Is the Web page broken?

same here, sent donation through PayPal, nothing so far...
Ron

On 4/15/2018 I sent $50 for the "trilogy" package of books 1,2 &3 of the Chord Melody series. Last week I sent an inquiry through the email link on the Web page. I have had no response at all. Does anybody have a direct email or phone number for the lady that is running this business?
I don't want to make a stink through PayPal if this is just a technical problem with the Web page.
Gene Jenkins
n4jee@arrl.net
352-478-8012

Hello, I am wondering if Mike's tabs are for low G or high G. Would appreciate if someone who has the books would let me know. I play low G mostly. Thank you!

Top Bottom