Information on Buying Mike Lynch Books Need

Can some one email me the PDFs. I have attached the payment receipt below.
I hope to get it soon but I guess it would be no different if a UU member emails those books to me?Mike.Lynch.Payment.jpgMike.Lynch.Payment.jpg

Can some one email me the PDFs. I have attached the payment receipt below.
I hope to get it soon but I guess it would be no different if a UU member emails those books to me?View attachment 110954View attachment 110954
The resolution is pretty awful, here is the uploaded receipt https://kerneltime.smugmug.com/Ukulele/Mike-Lynch/n-Qvqdp9/i-b9vCFWc/A
The email is included in the receipt.
I am hopeful that I can get the PDFs Friday to use some of my free time over the weekend.
Hearing stories of delay in getting the books has led me to make this request to the UU community.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Even though UU folks reached out to help me, I did not need it.. looks like Mike's wife is continuing his legacy.. I received the books!

Hi folks
does anyone have the direct email contact for Mike's family? I sent the paypal donation through 6 days ago, but no response as yet..
thanks!

I am wanting to purchase the Mike Lynch Chord Melodies Book 2 with How Great Thou Art in it. How can I go about doing that? Thank you and God Bless!

Hi folks
does anyone have the direct email contact for Mike's family? I sent the paypal donation through 6 days ago, but no response as yet..
thanks!

Babaluke, I have sent you a PM.
Jan D

I am wanting to purchase the Mike Lynch Chord Melodies Book 2 with How Great Thou Art in it. How can I go about doing that? Thank you and God Bless!

Doc82:

To buy any of Mike Lynch's Chord Melody books (by either PayPal or Credit Card), go to:
http://www.ukulelemikelynch.com/store.htm

The full instructions on how to make a purchase can be found at the top of the Store page, under the the heading “Update.”

Jan D

I have book 1 that I bought while Mike was alive. I tried contacting the site to buy the others and no one got back to me. It's a shame that they are not able to get some help with this because it seems like there is a market for his books and an even greater potential market. I love his first book and would really like to purchase the others.

I have book 1 that I bought while Mike was alive. I tried contacting the site to buy the others and no one got back to me. It's a shame that they are not able to get some help with this because it seems like there is a market for his books and an even greater potential market. I love his first book and would really like to purchase the others.

BBegall,

I recently purchased all 5 of Mike's chord melody books. The process was very straightforward, and Collene (Mike's wife) emailed the pdfs to me right away. To purchase the books you want, go to:

Then follow the detailed instructions at the top of the page under the heading “Update.”

Best of luck,
Jan D

BBegall,

Then follow the detailed instructions at the top of the page under the heading “Update.”

Thanks. The update now says: "A new new website, store and ordering process is coming soon! The PayPal button has been temporarily removed. Please check back soon. Thank you for your patience!"

Also it appears, at least for now, the only volume available to buy is the first, the one I already own.

Thanks. The update now says: "A new new website, store and ordering process is coming soon! The PayPal button has been temporarily removed. Please check back soon. Thank you for your patience!"

Also it appears, at least for now, the only volume available to buy is the first, the one I already own.

You might want to check again. I just visited the site, and there is now a “Buy Now” button at the bottom of the revised instructions.

All five volumes are still available. In fact, if you buy the remaining four e-books, there is a $10 discount (i.e. $20 apiece, $70 for four volumes. The information about the other volumes can be found in the various blogs on Mike's blog site at:
https://allthingsukulele.com/2017/0...all-together-at-a-combo-discount-price-of-90/

When you place your order, you simply need to tell the seller (Collene) which volumes you want.

You might want to check again. I just visited the site, and there is now a “Buy Now” button at the bottom of the revised instructions.

All five volumes are still available. In fact, if you buy the remaining four e-books, there is a $10 discount (i.e. $20 apiece, $70 for four volumes. The information about the other volumes can be found in the various blogs on Mike's blog site at:
https://allthingsukulele.com/2017/0...all-together-at-a-combo-discount-price-of-90/

When you place your order, you simply need to tell the seller (Collene) which volumes you want.

I tried to buy 4 volumes for $70 but a get a paypal message that thing are not working and to try back later. I'll keep trying but it shouldn't be this hard.

I tried to buy 4 volumes for $70 but a get a paypal message that thing are not working and to try back later. I'll keep trying but it shouldn't be this hard.

Since they are in the middle of making substantial changes to the Store's website and transactional process, it doesn't surprise me that you experienced a glitch. I would have been more surprised if you didn't. :) Give it a couple of days and try again. The books will be worth the wait.
Jan D.

There is another thread on this in the beginners forum that I replied to today. My current take:

The web site for purchases is http://www.ukulelemikelynch.com but it has been inoperable for awhile with a promised revamp pending. I've tried to purchase Chord Melody books 2, 3, 4, and 5 several times. Yesterday it looked like the Paypal button was up and working again but it wasn't and rejected my latest attempt to buy. It's quite frustrating, especially to someone like me who already believes copy-write laws are overly burdensome. These "books" are pdf files and can be easily shared by email. Maybe they should be?

There is another thread on this in the beginners forum that I replied to today. My current take:

The web site for purchases is http://www.ukulelemikelynch.com but it has been inoperable for awhile with a promised revamp pending. I've tried to purchase Chord Melody books 2, 3, 4, and 5 several times. Yesterday it looked like the Paypal button was up and working again but it wasn't and rejected my latest attempt to buy. It's quite frustrating, especially to someone like me who already believes copy-write laws are overly burdensome. These "books" are pdf files and can be easily shared by email. Maybe they should be?

Copyright laws protect material (in this case, musical arrangements) that someone spent a great deal of time and energy creating. When you purchase their material, you are supporting their livelihood. Mike Lynch's arrangements are copyrighted. It doesn't matter whether someone's publications are in digital format or print format, they deserve to be compensated for their efforts either way. I will send you a PM with Collene Lynch's email address. If you contact her, I am sure she will figure out a way to make the purchase happen for you.
Jan D

Copyright laws protect material (in this case, musical arrangements) that someone spent a great deal of time and energy creating. When you purchase their material, you are supporting their livelihood. Mike Lynch's arrangements are copyrighted. It doesn't matter whether someone's publications are in digital format or print format, they deserve to be compensated for their efforts either way. I will send you a PM with Collene Lynch's email address. If you contact her, I am sure she will figure out a way to make the purchase happen for you.
Jan D

I love Mike's work and bought all 5 chord melody books...plus the Christmas book.

While the arrangements all say "Copyright Michael B. Lynch, Administered by C&M Productions," I don't think they have ever been legally copyrighted. I've searched the copyright records, and have found copyright entries for a few of Mike's work--but arranging existing works that are under copyright is a tricky process, and would require not only notification of Mike's copyright, but also the copyright information for each song (as well as composer, arranger, lyricist, etc.) and a royalty would have to be paid back to those others.

It's easy to arrange things--for personal use; but when you want to distribute, it's challenging. That's why music publishers exist--and to make things worse, most publishers don't want to open publication to everyone.

One recent development is the online notation program Noteflight--which can work on any device. There is a marketplace where individuals can create (or import--although that's a little challenging with TAB) songs, and then, as long as the song is able to be arranged, can be sold. As Noteflight is owned by Hal Leonard, which has copyright access to almost anything, you can then sell your arrangement via the Noteflight marketplace, where you'll receive 10% of the sale price of an arranged work--and Hal Leonard makes sure that the original copyright holders are paid. And 10% is a pretty common percentage for an arranger. I think you get 50% for things you compose yourself. Once a buyer buys a work, they can then print it--or even arrange it themselves (but not for resale). Collections are not yet available as an option.

I'll be making more chord melodies in the future, and when the songs aren't in the public domain (anything from 1929 or earlier at this point in the US), I'll probably use Noteflight.

I don't have anything against Mike having sold his books (I love them), but I don't think actual Copyright was ever used.

Top Bottom