Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 315: Choose Your Own Adventure!

Here’s the Saturday morning free play from the Martins. There was a lot that I screwed up, vocally, but we only had time for one take.
    "Ah, Music. A Magic beyond all we do here!" - Albus Dumbledore.

For today I recorded two songs from a Norwegian childrens play by Thorbjorn Egner. I do not know the English name of the play nor the English/Norwegian names of these songs...
    The play is about animals in the wood and how they are getting along. The first song is a wolf/fox singing about wanting to catch and eat mice and the other one is a mouse tricking the wolf by telling him a story.
    You can read about some of this here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorbj%C3%B8rn_Egner

This is my entry for the week. It was recorded by the Dubliners and is a hymn.

Liz

Ohana Tenor TK50 MG - solid cedar top
    Red Soprano Mahalo
    Kala Waterman
    Green Kala KA-CEM Exotic Mahogany Concert (Low G)
    Purple Bugsgear Soprano

It's open play day, and while tomorrow is "hymn" day, today also would have been Doc Watson's 95th birthday. It turns out that this is the final song he performed in public, just a few weeks before his death. He did it at Merlefest, the festival named in honor of his late son Merle. I didn't see this performance, but we were at the festival and saw him that weekend. We miss you, Doc!

Martin C1K • KoAlana mahogany concert <VBG> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Fluke natural concert <BG> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor • Makala MK-CE concert • Lanakai LU-21 baritone • Kala KA-EBY-S soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

free play saturday = marc bolan!

lynda

get it on, bang a gong, get it on

For anyone who's going to do a Rutles song tomorrow, you can find the chords and lyrics on Neil Innes' web site (along with chords and lyrics for most Bonzo Dog Band and Neil solo songs).

http://neilinnes.media/chords/
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Saturday Free Play! Here's some Tom Waits.

Randy - Harry122

Here's a Jim Lauderdale song I've been wanting to try for awhile for free play Saturday.

And another song. Wasn't ready last season, so I'm happy to finish. Some skills are still to develop...

Ahoy
    I decided to record and upload The Wind Cries Mary right before dinner. Looking forwards to tomorrow's hymns (though I am not sure what to do since Iceland is not a very hymn-y place...but I'll think of something)

Thread Information