Season 315: Choose Your Own Adventure!

Season 315. Submission 1. "I Don't Want To See You Again" (Written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, 1964. Performed by the Beatles possibly and recorded definitely by Peter and Gordon. And most definitely in my "Golden Beatles" sheet music book that I got a gazillion years ago.)

Thank you very much for hosting, Benjy, and your wonderful theme!

Last edited:
Some nice Beatles songs! Did we already hear something from the album Rubber Soul?
Here's Nowhere Man:

Norwegian Wood

For my first ever entry in the Seasons of the Ukulele I decided to jump on the Beatles bandwagon and recorded my rendition of Norwegian Wood

Like many others I am glad to see the Beatles included this week. Here's my take on Nowhere Man.

Can I also just say I love the title for this season?

I read the Choose Your Own Adventure books religiously as a kid.

I did too! I love the perceived freedom they gave the reader. In reality, though, the author is really taking you right where he wants you to go. That's kind of what this season is like. You guys think think you are choosing the songs you want, but in reality, I'm taking you right where I want you to be. BWAAAAHHHHAAAAHHAAA

Can I also just say I love the title for this season?

I read the Choose Your Own Adventure books religiously as a kid.

I did too! I love the perceived freedom they gave the reader. In reality, though, the author is really taking you right where he wants you to go. That's kind of what this season is like. You guys think think you are choosing the songs you want, but in reality, I'm taking you right where I want you to be. BWAAAAHHHHAAAAHHAAA

Im ok with that. As long as it doesn’t involve being slowly dissolved alive by a gelatinous blob.

And I also attempt a bit of humour on Wednesday...

Instead of 'I'd don my cape' I should have gone with "I'd cape the Don"....as he often refers to himself by name rather than pronoun.

Last edited:
Having got this one done, I log on to find two others already. I didn't think it would be that popular. Had I realised I'd have done something else. Still it's done now so you will just have to put up with another.

More or less ukulele standard from Disney's Jungle Book Tuesday choice

Eschewing the Beatles choice I have brought some Alan Jackson....

This is some more ...a botched effort video wise as when I was editing it I found that the footage that I had used for the final audio takes had disappeared ...so I swept the cutting room floor.... not a happy bunny ......

Last edited:
Top Bottom