NUD: Bonanza Super Tenor

Hi Jim. Fun seeing this.
It seems the Bonanza is coming across a bit quieter than the others on the video. Am I hearing correct?
If this is really happening do you think it is the combination of smaller body and lower tuning? Just curious.
Thanks for letting Shelley and I be part of this journey.

Hi Jim. Fun seeing this.
It seems the Bonanza is coming across a bit quieter than the others on the video. Am I hearing correct?
If this is really happening do you think it is the combination of smaller body and lower tuning? Just curious.
Thanks for letting Shelley and I be part of this journey.
Hi Pete, thanks for chiming in. Yes, I do find the current configuration noticeably quieter than most, if not all my other acoustic ukes, but I don't view that as a bad thing. I suspect the strings and tuning have a lot to do with it. I will be trying some other combinations just to see what happens. I have a Southcoast LHU-NW set in the mail that will probably also yield cFAD tuning to compare directly against the Blacklines. And I might try G or A tuning eventually.

Just curious, do have a favorite string and tuning that you think brings out the best of a cherry topped tenor?

......Yes, I do find the current configuration noticeably quieter than most, if not all my other acoustic ukes, but I don't view that as a bad thing. I suspect the strings and tuning have a lot to do with it. I will be trying some other combinations just to see what happens. I have a Southcoast LHU-NW set in the mail that will probably also yield cFAD tuning to compare directly against the Blacklines.

I have found my all HPL "Super Concert" Bonanza to also be pretty quiet. But I also don't mind, since this isn't a uke that I would take to a jam as much as noodle on at home.

Top Bottom