Hello from a village in Iceland

cazteclo

Reaction score
Hello.
I have been playing the uke for years - but mostly in private. I saw a video a few years ago regarding the Seasons of the Ukulele and have wanted to take part for some time now.
So, today I finally made an account here and am going to start taking part.
Is there anything specific I should know regarding rules and such? (It often says something like "the standard rules and requirements apply")
With thanks
Caz

Thanks for your swift answer.
Bjork is from Iceland and I have tried playing some of her earlier work on the uke but it can be difficult, with most of it being electronic.
I will read through the forums you linked as well as others on this forum. I believe I will find a lot of good information and helpful discussions on the underground's forums
Thanks again.
Regards
Caz

No worries. Glad you found UU.

I am sure if you can find chords, even as 'guitar' chords for Bjork, you can play those same chords in name on ukulele.

If it says a G-chord for guitar, you just play a G-chord on the uke, and it's all good.

The fun will be trying to find your own arrangement and make the songs your own.

I saw a video of performance and interview with Bjork on YouTube a few months ago, and she was so smart, eloquent and talented, as well as highly unconventional compared to Western pop music. It was truly a breath of fresh air.

Another performer I like a lot, but from the UK, is Imogen Heap, and she is also very focused on electronic music, but supremely talented performer and songwriter as well.

Welcome to UU, and please join in the fun of the Seasons!

Before too long you’ll have uke friends who want to visit you in Iceland. :cool:

~Ginny

Welcome to UU Caz!

Welcome Caz, and look forward to seeing you on the Seasons. The "usual rules" refers to things like only posting newly recorded songs (not things you filmed last year), with a ukulele, in the 8 day period from midnight at the start of Sunday, Hawaii time, through to midnight at the end of the following Sunday.
Any other questions, just fire them at the latest Seasons thread - they're a friendly bunch!

Hi there and Welcome to UU :)

Top Bottom